• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Which Pitch Prop? Trophy Plus

My guess is a 24" Trophy. They spin much easier than the 25". I think you are actually seeing some very nice numbers with your current setup. The Laser does well on light boats like the Eluder. You are probably chasing only a couple of MPH. You will likely be very happy with how the Trophy performs but you may not see any gains.
As for your setback question in another post. I can promise your hull will porpoise at lower speeds with more setback. No big deal if you are a WOT guy most of the time, but I find it annoying. Every hull has a tipping point when it comes to setback. Most guys find 8" close to ideal for that hull.

Thanks for the info Mark, I'm was hoping to pick up a few mph from moving my fuel tank to the back, the last time out it was low on fuel but there was still 5 gallons plus the weight of the tank up there, I was waiting to see what happens with that before adding the setback, I definitely don't want it to porpoise, the only time I won't be near WOT is when the wife and kids are in the boat and they like to sit in the front anyways

I'm hoping the trophy will help with cavitation in the corners and bow lift, also the 25p laser has a hard time getting it out of the water with a load of people on-board, the one time I had 5 people in the boat I ended up putting the 24 hi-five on, it would be nice to find a all around decent prop

By the way, where do use your boat around Winnipeg? we're going to Lac du Bonnet this summer to visit my wife's uncle and aunt and we will be bringing the mate along.

I use the 25 on mne John you will love the prop -- You will never go back to a three blade again -- the 24 is gonna get you up and out in a hurry -- the best props for mates!!;)
Jacco's Marine is the cheapest -- best service place around!!! 399 new + ship

By the way, where do use your boat around Winnipeg? we're going to Lac du Bonnet this summer to visit my wife's uncle and aunt and we will be bringing the mate along.
I boat mostly on Lake of the Woods. It dumps into the Winnipeg River system which is where Lac du Bonnet is. It is a great area to boat. You will be glad you bought the Mate.

I took all of your advice after hearing so much good talk about the Trophy Plus, I got my new to me 24p mounted today, now if I could only go test it:brickwall:

This is the first time I have ever bought a prop without trying it so you better all be right :devil:

Just kidding- I can trade it for a different pitch for free if need be.

Attachments

• 09 pics 244.jpg
    09 pics 244.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 15
Back