• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Senator thru hull exhaust question

Hi I recently picked up a 89 senator. New to the checkmates and looking it get it back right best I can. Question is about the thru hull exhaust location. It has 350 mag in it and the rear swim platform that is one piece and humps in the middle. The exhaust is down low with flaps about the middle of transom. Is that factory position on that boat?

Above the water line same with as where the exhaust is now there are two holes up high but blocked by the swim platform by half. Holes there look like where the bb exhaust with two single platforms would come out. I want to put it back up high but keep the platform. I see the senators with the one piece platform and exhaust under the hump up high.

Want to know if anyone has good pics with the one piece platform and thru hull up high under it for placement. Also know if where it is now is right?

Oh nice thanks so I guess mine is in the right spot then and someone must have moved it at one time then put it back. Haven't had the boat out yet but down where it is in that pic is it above and load or not as load as if it was up more?

Ps just sent you a pm before I seen this

I like the set up als i have now because its in the water at slow speeds and out the water at mid and high speed. So in the docks its not loud and at higher speeds its going up on noise.

Thanks sounds good. I haven't had mine in the water yet but I also have the 350. What pitch prob do you run and what's your speed and rpm? Think there's a stainless 23p on mine. No clue how it will go.

I'm running a Hydromotive 4 blade 25 pitch . Speedo pegs with just me , 1/4 tank of gas , no beverages or any toys . But we all know the speedo's are never right . :lol:
My guess would be 70ish .Bought a GPS , so we'll see if the lake ever thaws out !

Your's being lighter with the small block should scoot .
Redboat

Thanks sounds good. I haven't had mine in the water yet but I also have the 350. What pitch prob do you run and what's your speed and rpm? Think there's a stainless 23p on mine. No clue how it will go.

ballistic 21. top is around 64.

topspeed is proberly not the best but i don't care for the last mile an hour.

it's the best for me in RPM. it is at 4500. the mirage i had was higher in rpm. did not want to close to max rpm.

Cool thanks. For got how pitch works? Higher the number more top end and lower rpm it has? And lower pitch number more acceleration and less top end? Or do I have that backwards?

That was before EMI Headers , bigger cam and rejet of the carb . Louder and faster now .
Redboat

Cool thanks. For got how pitch works? Higher the number more top end and lower rpm it has? And lower pitch number more acceleration and less top end? Or do I have that backwards?

your first is right. higher the number more top end, lower rpm.

i never tried a higher pitch than 21. i like the shot to top, not the top speed itself. never have to challenge because in my waters i am the fastest around.
the rest is not going over my top speed.

when i have a dutch boating meeting there are some outboard guys in UK waterski boats faster but 95% is not going over 50. so why worry about top speed.

Here's some pics boostscootinboogie sent me . Bet it was for a depth gauge .
If it were mine , I'd get it fixed . Any suggestions ?

Redboat

Hole1_zps7df9115f.jpg

hole2_zps027fcfeb.jpg

Attachments

• Hole 1.jpeg
    Hole 1.jpeg
    84.1 KB · Views: 2
  • hole 2.jpeg
    hole 2.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 2
Back