• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

1986 exciter bench seat

Hey Guys
I am closing in on finishing up my interior, I bought this boat and it had no seat back for the rear bench seat, I had enough rotted wood left over to figure out the base but cant picture how the back would be installed. I found a couple of piano hinges amidst the rubble and assume these are used to allow access to the rear storage and oil tank, battery area, can any one post some fairly detailed pics of their rear bench both open and closed, if not an exciter the enchanter interior looks pretty close, any help would be really appreciated. Thanks for all the help you are providing even though someone else usually asks the question before I think of the problem and the answer is already there.
Heres to a great season:cheers:

I can't seem to find most of my pics but I have one of the base, the piano hinge runs across the front of the seat base and the seat folds forward on that, the seat back folds up on two hinges that come apart just by sliding it to the right, I can get better pics up in a few days probably if I find them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 66
Sorry on my phone and can't post more than one at a time, the bottom seat has a lip running across the back that the seat back rests against.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 47
I'll get pics of it open on the next time I'm at the boat if you still need them

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 54
Thank you John,
In the back of my mind I knew that there was a top set of hinges missing from my equation, I have even seen posts from guys looking for these hinges, the thing that is throwing me off is that there are not even any screw holes in the deck that would suggest these hinges were ever on my boat. BTW is that your own handy work or did you get factory skins? Either way it looks great!
This is where I am at so far
002_zps5e18f01d.jpg

Back