• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

1976 checkmate trimate III Transom Questions

afrench1028

Hello all, so i just purchased a 1976 Checkmate Trimate 20'. I did inspect it thoroughly and i new about the soft spots in the floor. problem is i threw the motor on today and in the splash pan area where you put the bolts i have a few cracks, and I can move motor a little and does move a bit. Do i have to replace the transom? Or can i cut/grind out and re-glass it? I need to know what exactly to do. I have done transoms in the past but never with fiberglass. I greatly appreciate everyone's info in advance.

trying to figure out how to summit pics?

thanks Andrew

launch

launch

Last edited:
Andrew, you're definitely in the right place for good info. I'm sure someone will come along and give some good input and links to how others have accomplished what you need to do. As for posting pictures you'll need to load them on Photobucket first then you can upload them here.:thumb: Jim

Sounds like you will need to replace the transom for safe boating and peace of mind. No worries though, many have gone this road before. If you click on the link below you will see how I accomplished this. Also, look at Will's (Will30) Trimate restoration as he took a different approach. Keep us posted.:thumb:

Back