• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

1998 Convincor 251 Prop Set up

nichutchinson1

I've got a 1998 Convincor 251 with a 454 mpi. I've been battling porpoising fairly bad the past year that I've owned the boat. I currently run a 23p Bravo 1 3 blade prop. Would a four blade help this issue? Or has anyone else experienced this and found a fix?

I've tried bravo, but like Hydromotive Q4-X which has less than 3 bld props. There's NO 100% fix other than running above the MPH where it porpoises. For my convincor it's about 44mph. How long have you owned it?

I bought the boat right around a year ago exactly. Last year, I was able to get through the porpoising and it would settle around 45 mph. But this year nothing has worked. The best thing that I've found so far is loading the cuddy with all my gear and running with the tabs up. I still experienced some bouncing, but it was a lot more controlled.

Back