• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

" For Sale" 2014 Chevrolet Cruze - Turbo Diesel

Overspray

Im looking to sell my daily driver for the past three years. Purchased brand new and well maintained, she's been a great machine so far. With an expanding family and more vehicles than we need, this one has to go.

The car is extremely clean with a couple very minor dings/nicks. Overall 9/10 condition. I keep it detailed and cleaned regularly.

45,000 miles and counting (I drive it everyday)

She has:
2.0 Turbo Diesel (46+mpg)
Good tires with even wear
20% tint all around
Black leather
Heated seats
Keyless Entry
Remote Start
OnStar phone app (remote start/lock/unlock etc from anywhere)
Tinted tail lights
Touch screen radio
Reverse Camera
Power everything

No accidents, clean car fax report!

If you or anyone you know is looking, please let me know.

Pics and contact info:

https://m.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...chRadius=10&mmt=[CHEV[CRUZE[CRUZE|Diesel]][]]

That is a very cool daily driver. I considered getting one, but we went with a Malibu cause it was cheaper and my wife was strokin' the note! GLWS sounds like a great car!

12pack, she's sold. Just waiting for the paperwork and lein to clear.

Old_Navy, For what this car was.... I loved it. Slightly unique, plenty of power and excellent fuel mileage. We took many road trips but she's just too small. I wish that GM would introduce more small Diesel engines into the American market in larger sedans/crossovers.

The car is officially sold and gone... but not without a fight.

Let me tell you a tale...

So I decided to sell this car, which has been excellent to myself and my family since new. I was just sick of the payment for a car to just drive to and from work solo. I don't require much, so no need for the options and whatnot. Anyways.... I meet the potential new owner in a parking lot to show the vehicle and go for a test drive. He pulls up and we meet, discuss the vehicle and it's history. I explain how I'll be sad to see her go because she's been trouble free and extremely reliable. He asks "any known issues, check engine lights, etc?" "Nope, smooth sailing since new!" I reply. Well, he starts the car up for the test drive, and wouldnt you know it, the damn check engine light is on! "I guess she's trying to make me look like a liar!" I said to the guy. Besides that, he loves the car, we agree on a price and shake on it. I told him I'd have the dealer inspect it and repair whatever is necessary. Well, turns out it was a recall issue and was taken care of via warranty, so no $ out of pocket to me.

It took them three excruciatingly long days to complete the repairs and get it back to me. I pick the car up from the dealer, drive straight to the bank, pay off the loan with the buyers check, and agree to park the car at my work until the lein clears.

Fastforeward two weeks: paperwork in hand, I call the guy up and tell him I'm ready for him to pick the car up. All the while, I haven't started it in two weeks. Start her up to make sure she's clean, tires are full, etc. Guess what?! Check engine light is on, a multitude of other lights etc. Neeess to say we were both pretty pissed, but he agreed to come get the title and check it out, and I would return to the dealer the next day for more repairs. When he showed up, he was nice enough to help me drop the car off after hours to the dealer and give me a ride back to my truck...

This is when it really gets interesting. I pass by said dealership on my way to work everyday. Passing by at 5:15 am, I glance over to look at the car as I drive by.... And I'd bet you'd never guess what I saw... half of the damn dealership had burned down! IMG_4806.jpg

You can see my little Cruze safe and sound on the left of that picture. Turns out, a 4 alarm fire broke out in the shop about 45 minutes after we had left the dealership. It ended up taking 12 fire departments to snuff it out.

I got my car key back, in tact, but in a half burnt "night drop" envelope and took it to another dealer. My issue with the car was now that a rodent and eaten a bunch of sensor wires and whatnot. So after multiple headaches and "you're not going to believe this" calls to the new owner, and $500 later... she's gone.

Is that the dealer fire that made the news? A clean up person knocked over some gas on the floor then it ignited when he drove over with the motorized cleaning machine? Pretty wild /scary security camera footage. I assume no one was seriously hurt?

Is that the dealer fire that made the news? A clean up person knocked over some gas on the floor then it ignited when he drove over with the motorized cleaning machine? Pretty wild /scary security camera footage. I assume no one was seriously hurt?

Yep, that was it. I couldn't believe the footage when I saw it. No one died, I'm pretty sure the guy that started the fire was burned but will recover just fine.

Back