• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

21 foot cougar mtr tunnel hull catamaran

What is your definition of rough water? How many hours on the boat and motor? has any service to the Motor been done recently? Looks like a nice boat and for where I would be boating I would be worried about how it does in some rough water.

What is your definition of rough water? How many hours on the boat and motor? has any service to the Motor been done recently? Looks like a nice boat and for where I would be boating I would be worried about how it does in some rough water.

rough water in this sense means this boat will cruise right over anything on a BIG lake (like cumberland) without any problems. the only time you really need to back off a bit is for very large cruiser wakes.....after all you cant expect 21 foot boat to go over a 4 foot cruiser wake at 90 mph.....lol....the ones that are 3-4 feet rogue waves....lol. it handles normal boat and wind blown chop without any problem whatsoever even at speed.

maybe if you told me where you boat?

the previous owner replaced the powerhead with a new powerhead. it has about 60 hours on it (the tag is still on the block and it looks and runs the part but i cannot verify hours) and is clean as whistle. i serviced the motor (plugs, checked compression, impeller, charged battery, lower unit oil and pressure test, etc...) when i bought the boat. it runs great. previous owner gave me an entire folder of service records with the boat when i purchased it.

these boats are great all around boats and are very capable for their size.....theyhave a great reputation for their build quality and capabilities.

I would be boating in MI on some smaller lakes like Higgins,Torch, Walmpers, and some time on the Detroit river near where it opens up to lake eire. I have seen 1-3 foot chop on the river on a slightly windy day.

I would be boating in MI on some smaller lakes like Higgins,Torch, Walmpers, and some time on the Detroit river near where it opens up to lake eire. I have seen 1-3 foot chop on the river on a slightly windy day.

this boat would be a GREAT fit for the bodies of water yo are talking about....not just tryin to sell it to ya....but it really shines on lakes and rivers.

Ha Ha your doing a good job at selling it. How long have you had the boat and you are the second owner correct? Can you put more pics up of the interior I never seen or been on one or style like this boat.

Ha Ha your doing a good job at selling it. How long have you had the boat and you are the second owner correct? Can you put more pics up of the interior I never seen or been on one or style like this boat.

lol id like to sell ya the boat no doubt but dont just take my word for it. lol ask around, the cougar has a great reputation that is well known.

i have many more pics that i will emial you directly, just post or pm me your email address.

or gimme a call. 606 575 0208

max

update:

after being looked at by a person more learned than i it was decided that the power head on the cougar is in fact a 275 and not a 300 as the previous owner insisted...:( .....

just wanted to bump the boat and bring this to light.

have a good weekend everyone!

Back