• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

2400 BRX Cooler

dgs

Wondering if any 2400 BRX owners have changed or modified their igloo cooler cubbyhole In front of the passenger seat. Ours broke last year, so we stopped using the igloo cooler. Replaced the cubby hole but prefer using a soft side cooler. Might put a cargo net there to store towels? Or a different bracket to keep our soft side cooler there? A subwoofer enclosure? I don’t know, just looking for ideas.

Wondering if any 2400 BRX owners have changed or modified their igloo cooler cubbyhole In front of the passenger seat. Ours broke last year, so we stopped using the igloo cooler. Replaced the cubby hole but prefer using a soft side cooler. Might put a cargo net there to store towels? Or a different bracket to keep our soft side cooler there? A subwoofer enclosure? I don’t know, just looking for ideas.

What broke, the cooler or the enclosure itself? If the cooler broke you can buy another 25 qt Igloo cooler. That size cooler would not fit in mine so I use an Igloo playmate cooler. I think SSI Plastics makes a cooler retainer #49500100 or #49540100 if you have room for more depth that will fit the factory cut hole. I have a 2020 2400 Pulsare Long Deck and it came with a factory netting to hold the cooler in but ours was just a bit too small for the Igloo 25 qt cooler so we used the 16 qt. Igloo Playmate cooler.

The cooler holder cracked in several spots. Igloo changed the design of the cooler, so SSI no longer makes the holder. Fortunately Checkmate was able to locate one in inventory. But in the time weren’t using it, we boUght a new cooler we like better. It won’t stay in the holder though. I was thinking something like the netting that is used for the small cubby’s under the rear bench

Mine is a long deck 2020 (2nd last boat they built) and it has a Checkmate fabricated cooler holder (not an SSI) with a factory netting to hold the cooler in. A friend of mine has a 2020 BRX (last boat they built) and it does not have the cooler holder.

The pictures you included I think was from the blue BRX that I test drove with Dean with the 400R on it. I test drove it in May 2019 and they had it at the Miami boat show in Jan 2019 so that boat was built in 2018 and they are calling it a 2020. It had the lowered seats in it so I did not fit in it without the footwells. I do recall Dean telling me that they had issues with the SSI cooler inserts cracking. I kind of wanted an SSI insert with doors but they quit making the model with doors. Checkmate actually fabricated my insert out of thick plastic panels and it ended up a bit small for the 25 qt. Igloo cooler so we ended up with a smaller one. I do have factory installed elastic netting to retain the cooler and Checkmate must have purchased it somewhere.

Back