• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

85' Enticer ??'s

rick12167

So after selling my restored 78' Predictor (to pay my lawyer) I'm going to be purchasing an 85' Enticer.My question is simple ,were there many i/o models produced in 85'? I don't see many of them online almost all are outboards.I'm traveling roughly 2 hrs from home to pick this boat up ,and only have pic sent from current owner.It has a sb 350 with a blown gen 1 outdrive that needs replacement.Wasn't sure if maybe current owner was wrong and it actually might be an Enchanter...Excited to start in on it this spring thanks for any info

I'm quite certain they never made an IO Enticer. An IO Enchanter is an Entertainer.

A quick check of the brochures on this website from 1985 reveals that the Enchanter and Entertainer are both available in IO and OB. If I'm not mistaken, an Entertainer is a bowrider Enchanter.

A quick check of the brochures on this website from 1985 reveals that the Enchanter and Entertainer are both available in IO and OB. If I'm not mistaken, an Entertainer is a bowrider Enchanter.
Sorry, I misspoke. That's what I was trying to say. Thanks for the correction.

As to the original post, it might be a Diplomat, same length as an Enticer, just wider and available as a IO. I don't think the V8 would be stock, but there's a guy around here with one.

Was the enticer the closed version of the eluder? If so our eluder is running a 400 sbc. Spinning a 27" mirage plus at least 5k. Awesome....spooky ride!!

Back