• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

97” Convincor 253 water pump

Critter76

Hello everyone,
I’m a fairly new member. I purchased a 97” Convincor 253 last year and I had the worst year on water ever. I paid cash from a dealer that guaranteed the boat for 30 days. That was a good thing. I had one good run all season at the end of season.

Now it feels like it’s starting over.

Does anyone know the part number for a 454 Bravo one impeller pump housing and impeller for full replacement, pulley and base not needed just rebuild kit.
Thanks I’m advance!!

New fuel pumps low pressure and high pressure
New ignition system
New computer
New water pumps
New belts
New batteries
New tires
New sending unit
New fuel tank
New harness
New hydraulic hatch lift
New fuel lines

Seawater pump Mercruiser

46-807151A14 Kit w/ 1 piece body , impeller , wearplate and 2 o-rings

You should be good for the season, you've replaced everything else. Impeller would be a normal annual thing. I wonder if someone reversed the cables when jump starting it in the past? Might provide an explanation to why all of the electrical stuff is dying in short order. Also, check output of charging system to confirm proper operation and no high volts from alternator. I had a really expensive boat in the shop that came from a local dealer (of all things) that was eating all sorts of electrical components. Someone less than competent to the marine world had substituted an automotive alternator onto the engine. The slip rings inside were worn clear through on one side so that at idle speed, the alternator would fluctuate voltage wildly. At speed, it worked fine. Couldn't believe that the others that had been chasing problems had missed the improper part. Spent more time hooking up the hose and test equipment in the driveway than it took to detect the problem. Splashed the vessel at lunchtime and burned up his tank of fuel forthwith.

Thanks for all the info. This boat had 360 hours on it. 12 year old batteries and fuel that would stain wood black. I’m sure they tried jumping it off wrong leads they were idiots! I went to R&R Prop shop for all my answers, but Boulder Boats was doing all the work all in Henderson, NV.

They sold me the Boat on consignment so they didn’t look over it very well!

Hooked up the muffs after changing out the impeller pump and she runs like a raped ape. Well take her back out this weekend!!

Thanks for all the info. This boat had 360 hours on it. 12 year old batteries and fuel that would stain wood black. I’m sure they tried jumping it off wrong leads they were idiots! I went to R&R Prop shop for all my answers, but Boulder Boats was doing all the work all in Henderson, NV.

They sold me the Boat on consignment so they didn’t look over it very well!

Hooked up the muffs after changing out the impeller pump and she runs like a raped ape. Well take her back out this weekend!!

Next time you go to replace the impeller, look into getting a stainless housing from Hardin Marine. You'll never have an impeller fail due to the plastic housing failing. That ruined my weekend once when I had the big block.

Back