• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

A sad day today... The Check is for sale.... buh....

markmdz

So, I've had this boat for going on 4 years now. I bought it obviously to have loads of fun with it.

When I bought it, I had the starter and impeller replaced. I bought it as a project b/c it needed a new interior, but I was rearing to go, had a wad of money in my pocket, and a dream of blasting across the lake in my water-rocket.

Well, reality hit, the pocket went dry, and now three years later I'm at the same point I was back then. Over the years I've done some work here and there.

Last year I made a promise to myself to get it on the water next (this) season. Well, now I'm breaking yet another promise I made myself.

Monday (3/15) I'm going first to an ultrasound, then taking a 2 hr. trip to pick up the engagement ring, then coming back just in time to get to the lawyers office to sign the closing papers on the house that my (future) wife and I are buying.

(I'm VERY happy about all of that, especially as this is my first, and life could'nt get any better in that department.)

So, now, with a baby on the way, and the heavy mortgage payment, I'm finding myself in the position to sell the check.

Here's what you get:
EZ-Loader trailer (single axle)
'87 Checkmate Ambassador (19'6")
I/O Chevy 350 w/Mercruiser O/D.
Newly redone interior (framing, upholstery, and padding.) all done by yours truly.
All the teak is brand new or newly refinished.
New "CHECKMATE" decals direct from checkmate that are still not installed.
Blue/White
Everything on this boat is solid, however, it's been aflicted by the common problem of the checks of this vintage... ...the tiny-blistered hull.

I'm not sure what to ask, so make a fair offer and chances are it's yours.

So, I've had this boat for going on 4 years now. I bought it obviously to have loads of fun with it.

When I bought it, I had the starter and impeller replaced. I bought it as a project b/c it needed a new interior, but I was rearing to go, had a wad of money in my pocket, and a dream of blasting across the lake in my water-rocket.

Well, reality hit, the pocket went dry, and now three years later I'm at the same point I was back then. Over the years I've done some work here and there.

Last year I made a promise to myself to get it on the water next (this) season. Well, now I'm breaking yet another promise I made myself.

Monday (3/15) I'm going first to an ultrasound, then taking a 2 hr. trip to pick up the engagement ring, then coming back just in time to get to the lawyers office to sign the closing papers on the house that my (future) wife and I are buying.

(I'm VERY happy about all of that, especially as this is my first, and life could'nt get any better in that department.)

So, now, with a baby on the way, and the heavy mortgage payment, I'm finding myself in the position to sell the check.

Here's what you get:
EZ-Loader trailer (single axle)
'87 Checkmate Ambassador (19'6")
I/O Chevy 350 w/Mercruiser O/D.
Newly redone interior (framing, upholstery, and padding.) all done by yours truly.
All the teak is brand new or newly refinished.
New "CHECKMATE" decals direct from checkmate that are still not installed.
Blue/White
Everything on this boat is solid, however, it's been aflicted by the common problem of the checks of this vintage... ...the tiny-blistered hull.

I'm not sure what to ask, so make a fair offer and chances are it's yours.

Where were you two months ago? Just kidding congrats on the baby oh and the wife.Shoot me some pics. One of my buddies like's mine so much he is looking for one.And whats the rou
thumb.gif
gh price range?

Congrats on the wife & baby...there both "priceless" so to speak. Too bad it seems that the little things always have to go (i.e. your Checkmate). I have changed boats sooooo often because of family changes, I can't pick a "favorite"...now with my 4 kids under 9, priorities change and looks like there is NO "perfect" boat to fill all the needs... Good luck with your new lifestyle and another boat will come your way in time... Jim.
thumb.gif

Back