• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Anyone near Pampano Beach Florida?

DropTop5.0

I have it in my head that I want a tow vehicle and I don't really want a truck. Why you ask, mostly cost.

I've been doing a lot of research and it appears that the 1993 -1996 Cadillac Fleetwood with the RPO Code of V4P can tow 7,000 pounds with a weight distribution hitch. A Fleetwood with this RPO code is quite rare but I found one and it's in Margate, FL next to Pampano Beach. One problem is that it's for sale on Ebay and I'll have to buy it sight unseen, a potential big no no.

So this is why I'm wondering if there are any fellow Checkmate buddies that are in the area that could swing by and give it a test drive and take a few independent pictures?

A catty that old is nothing but a nightmare of problems good luck, hope
you know a good wrench.

A catty that old is nothing but a nightmare of problems good luck, hope
you know a good wrench.

you dont need to know a good wrench if you have lots of money:lol::lol::lol:
or just buy something like a truck to tow with....

Are you only towing that Enticer? Seems like anything would be capable of pulling that around? Even midsized cars?

Are you only towing that Enticer? Seems like anything would be capable of pulling that around? Even midsized cars?

yeah, I figure my enticer fully loaded with trailer is around 2500 rounding up. Behind my f150 I cant even tell its there.

I was estimating the little Enticer is around 2000 pounds and even though my Subaru pulls it just fine is doesn't really like to stop it. I think I put on over 5000 towing miles this summer and I can tell that the Subaru isn't all that happy about it.

My towing capacity is like 3000 pounds but I found in some of the fine print that the stopping capacity is only 1000 pounds and I need trailer brakes.

My trailer has those little 12" tires and I don't think anyone makes brakes that small. So what's a man to do. Spend more money on the trailer? Buy a tow vehicle? Quit boating and start rock collecting (not)?

I like the idea of buying some kind of tow vehicle that I can upgrade my boat at will and not have to worry about what to tow it with. We'll see.

I think the above may work but I drive a boat load of mile. 5k this year and I still have two or three more trips I want to take. I want something comfortable.

Red, you da man. Satasha wants #1; such a chick. I want #3 so I can have beer money!

Thanks for all the hard work.

I was estimating the little Enticer is around 2000 pounds and even though my Subaru pulls it just fine is doesn't really like to stop it. I think I put on over 5000 towing miles this summer and I can tell that the Subaru isn't all that happy about it.

My towing capacity is like 3000 pounds but I found in some of the fine print that the stopping capacity is only 1000 pounds and I need trailer brakes.

My trailer has those little 12" tires and I don't think anyone makes brakes that small. So what's a man to do. Spend more money on the trailer? Buy a tow vehicle? Quit boating and start rock collecting (not)?

I like the idea of buying some kind of tow vehicle that I can upgrade my boat at will and not have to worry about what to tow it with. We'll see.

Why not look into a jeep, trail blazer, traverse (if wanting new), explorer, etc. Any vehicles in that class would be more then capable of towing your boat with no issues.

Ross towed his 21' starflite with his Trail Blazer, perhaps he'd give a review?

Look at an F150 with the boosted V6 if you can swing it, tows like a hog of a V8, but sips gas for the empty drive time. It will be my next truck if all goes right.

Why not look into a jeep, trail blazer, traverse (if wanting new), explorer, etc. Any vehicles in that class would be more then capable of towing your boat with no issues.

Ross towed his 21' starflite with his Trail Blazer, perhaps he'd give a review?

Look at an F150 with the boosted V6 if you can swing it, tows like a hog of a V8, but sips gas for the empty drive time. It will be my next truck if all goes right.

i did pull my starflite all over the place with my '07 trailblazer LT. it pulled it like a dream! any mid size suv will be just fine:thumb:

Drop, i hate to be that guy but i'm going to be.

i laugh every time i see a car pulling any size boat! it's just not right man:shakehead:

Lmao, how did you come up with that stuff. nice price spread too. An option for every budget.:thumb:

Back