• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Drive showers???

Diplomat82

Just curious what your guys thoughts are about drive showers on a stock setup.
I have a 350 mag with a Bravo drive on my new to me persuader and I'm not sure if I should add one on.
Here is a link to a "no drill" drive shower that looks pretty cool.

http://driveshowers.com/index.html

Any input is appreciated.

It can not hurt any to have a drive shower especially if you run long distances on plane. Also keeps the drive from getting chaulky from excess heat. The Simrek is a great choice.

The best drive shower money can buy is from ProCharger, it comes with a supercharger!! You just dump the intercooler water on the top of the drive and WALA!!! Drive Shower!!!! Your drive will be cooler and you just might pick up some speed too!!!! However, it is a bit pricier than the other options listed, but hey, when it comes to the life of your drive, isn't it worth the extra money?

Seriously, there is no reason to not have one. Only benefits for an inexpensive part. Even on low HP engines that see constant on-plane cruise speeds, they are extremely beneficial for cooling the upper unit which is out of the water while on plane. If you have white, chalky residue on your upper you need a drive shower! It means it is hot enough to evaporate water leaving calcium deposits behind.

The best drive shower money can buy is from ProCharger, it comes with a supercharger!! You just dump the intercooler water on the top of the drive and WALA!!! Drive Shower!!!! Your drive will be cooler and you just might pick up some speed too!!!! However, it is a bit pricier than the other options listed, but hey, when it comes to the life of your drive, isn't it worth the extra money?

I like the way you think!

Thanks for the input everyone. Looks like a drive shower will be on the short list for things for the boat.
That is if I ever get it back on the water!!!

I think I need a job that pays like yours does!

Back