• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Evinrude 90

Jorgeinmiami

When I bought the Predictor this engine came with it. I have a new motor on the way and don't need this one.

It's a 1985 Evinrude 90 and it comes with the side control box and harness. I have not tried to start the engine but the flywheel spins and seems to have good compression.
The prior owner told me he rebuilt the engine with high performance parts and that it runs well. Here is what he sent me as to what he did to the engine.

That engine has been bored out 30 over . And re sleeved. It has forged Wiseco racing Pistons. The block has been ported 4 high flow. The heads are milled for high-compression. Polished and balanced racing crank. Exhaust tube has been shortened and opened up. The lower unit has been drilled out to let the exhaust out before it goes through the prop. For higher acceleration at lower speeds. Bigger carburetors with bigger Jets. Advanced timing. The engine runs just fine on 90 tes pump gas. It does have more power if you use 115 leaded racing gas. But it's not necessary

I'm asking $300 for all of it and shipping if needed. I can send you pictures if interested

Back