• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

hey rick

disturbed

If i were to put a 496 in my 242 would it increase my speed.Its got a carbed 454 stock right know?

Boating is not a past time its a disease

If i were to put a 496 in my 242 would it increase my speed.Its got a carbed 454 stock right know?

Evan,

Your 454 is either 330hp or 365 if it's a mag. The 496 is 375, or 496HO is 425. You wouldn't gain much, maybe around 5 mph or so, not much more than that, plus cost, if you bought a new 496 would be high. For the same amount or less, you'd be better off to rebuild yours...You could build a 600hp motor with good parts that runs reliably for about the same amount of money, or less and have a night and day difference in power. Teague Marine also has a Merlin engine, MSD ignition, Merlin Block, Merlin Heads, and I believe this includes carb.. 575HP for around 10K with a 2 year warranty..What are you looking to get out of the boat? Let us know what you want to run,and we'll price out a list of parts/labor of rebuilding your present motor. Rick

www.Bayviewmarinecenter.com

rICK,
I'm looking for the most speed that i can get out of it.To rebuild mine would be great.But, will i have to change my outdrive,i have a bravo 1 right now

hey rick,
Give me a call at my office if you have time today
270-753-4042thanks
Evan(sgt hobgood)

Evan, Rick told me he was going away for a few days. I'm not sure if he is returning today or not.

Here is Rick's number at the marina if you want to try calling him.

Phone: 920-430-7303

/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Webmaster
Checkmate-Boats.com-The Fanatics Home!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by disturbed:
thanks chris,did you check out my post on the news?

Boating is not a past time its a disease<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Which one?

Webmaster

I did!

Webmaster

Back