• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

How to upload pics?

Once I moved my boating pics to photobucket it got way easer for me.
Now all I do is open up photobucket in a separate tab find the pic I want
and right click on the pic and right click copy then jump back here right
click again and hit paste and it works. Ill try loading a pic now to see if I
told you correctly. It seems hard at first but you just keep messing with it
and you finally get it. Yep that how I been doin it anyway.

577597_3502561438256_1941689886_n_zps319399b5.jpg

Hang in there on the pics. Still cant post pics on here. I can all over the internet but not here. Creating a file or folder upload download side load right click Im lost. I give up on it a long time ago but im a quitter. Dont be a quitter, you'll probably get it somehow. Nice boat!!

Hang in there on the pics. Still cant post pics on here. I can all over the internet but not here. Creating a file or folder upload download side load right click Im lost. I give up on it a long time ago but im a quitter. Dont be a quitter, you'll probably get it somehow. Nice boat!!
Which ways have you tried?

We use vBulletin which is the world's most popular bulletin board software, so it should work.

-Chris

I have read the really good info everyones shared about how to post pics . I only use a computer recreationally I guess and never for any type of work or job so it dont take much to stump me on a computer. Its all the other steps it takes to create a folder then get over to photobucket that I get lost on. Facebook and craigslist is a breeze to post pics for me . Im so old school I dont even have a paypal . Thats the only reason im not a supporting member. If I could send a check it would have happened a long time ago . Not putting down your system , I love this place but im just a little behind the times ( or stupid) I guess.

I have read the really good info everyones shared about how to post pics . I only use a computer recreationally I guess and never for any type of work or job so it dont take much to stump me on a computer. Its all the other steps it takes to create a folder then get over to photobucket that I get lost on. Facebook and craigslist is a breeze to post pics for me . Im so old school I dont even have a paypal . Thats the only reason im not a supporting member. If I could send a check it would have happened a long time ago . Not putting down your system , I love this place but im just a little behind the times ( or stupid) I guess.

If you can upload the pics to facebook you can use them from there to post on here as well.. Dave would be able to help you more with that as i dont use facebook for anything.. But if all else fails hopefully you still have my email! :thumb:

If you can upload the pics to facebook you can use them from there to post on here as well.. Dave would be able to help you more with that as i dont use facebook for anything.. But if all else fails hopefully you still have my email! :thumb:

Sharing from facebook is so easy even a caveman like you can do it PC. Rt click mouse and select copy, come here and rt click again and select paste.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This post helped me so much I made a short cut to this thread.

Thanks again 5.0 :thumb:

Sounds complicated why can't the site just fix the glitch.
We would fix the glitch if there was one to fix.

You basically have two choices if you want to post pics;

1 - You host pictures yourself elsewhere and post them here by "hot-linking" to them.

2 - You become a supporting member and we will absorb the cost of hosting and storing them for you.

The #1 option requires you to sign up to a file hosting site and then you copy and paste some code into your post and your picture will be displayed.

The #2 option works similar to Facebook, you browse to your picture file on your computer and then upload it into your post. The only requirement to use this option is that you can't upload massive sized picture files.

-Chris

Back