• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Livin in Fla. ?

zstevens

thinkin of movin down, what made you move to the areas your at ? (beside weather ) ie job, schools location etc...

Military assignment. The weather is great right now, but come may-sept it's stupid miserable hot/humid. Unless you're outdoors trying to sweat and enjoy the heat, it can be too much. I love it when I sweat walking to/from my car....

I MOVED from Germany. Was there for a couple years amongst other places. I'm not sure if there are any other military members on here...

Nice boating but you still have to deal with everybody lined up in Gods Waiting Room.

true ,but i'm just in a position that i've lived in OH. ,CO., then back to OH,so now if all works out i'll be in fla. by the time my kids school starts in fall :bigthumb:@ the latest so :cheers:!

Moved here from Syracuse, NY in 1981. My wife has been coming here on vacation since she was 12 and always loved it here. I used to tell her that if she wanted to move to Fl, she could go alone cuz I was'nt leaving all my friends! We always used to boat, snowmobile, camp, and ride motorcycles. Then it seemed like nobody ever wanted to do anything but sit on their asses. I came home one day, and said "Renee, let's move to Florida" So here I am, life is'nt good, IT'S GREAT!

Native

Born and raised Floridian, don't know any other way. My father had a boat the day I was born. I didn't make the choice he did and he always made sure I had a fishing rod. He was actually an OMC type so of course I had to be the rebel and chose the "Dark Side"

My father had a boat the day I was born. I didn't make the choice he did and he always made sure I had a fishing rod. He was actually an OMC type so of course I had to be the rebel and chose the "Dark Side"
awesome, i grew up same way, we had sail & power , my dad was always a merc o/b guy tho ! the job market sucks every where ,but i think its worse here just because auto industry is huge in my area ! we sold oyr house just rentin til kids school year is done !

Back