• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Maumee River (Napoleon/Grand Rapids) Weekend of Aug 20

Vandalizer

Anyone planning to be out on the Maumee the weekend of Aug 20? I should be out there, would be good to meet anyone from the forum, and especially would be great to get any first hand tips/pointers on the general boating area.

Bump. Three weeks away.

I called the local DNR and the best information they could give me about the river is that it is 'about 8-10' deep from Grand Rapids to Florida, pretty consistent depth throughout, one hazard marked with a buoy not too far from Grand Rapids, and a rumor to stay away from the docks near Napoleon'.

I've never heard anything or had any problems in Napoleon aside of deris collecting after storm ... Single buoy marks rock pile near mjt . Sandbar near 109 bridge w dock poles to tie off to on your left as your heading up stream ... It looks doubtful that I'll be able to attend ...

Changed to next weekend!

Weather looks sketchy next two days, I had to bail. Anyone on here thinking of being out next weekend?

If you guys every head out there let me know. I have a camper on the river down there and I'm there every weekend during the summer.

Back