• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Ocean City Boating?

atc250r

Any of you guys run down there? Going to a friend's house on the bay down there and debating if I should bring the boat or the waverunners. Would like to do a day trip through the Assawoman Canal and maybe the Lewes Canal for lunch then back.

Any input on boating down there would be great.

John

Both would be great down there. Many many miles of water. I'm thinking overall the boat is best bet. Either way you will have fun.

Great. Got a few weeks before we head down, gonna play it by ear then. I'd prefer the boat but have to decide if I want to tow it with wife's mini van or tow with the truck with broken AC. Might just shoot a charge into the truck to get down there and one to get back. :)

John

Watch the lower end of the bay around the inlet. Lots of sand bars and shallow areas where it narrows. Just watch your markers. Have fun.

I used to run my seadoos there and would personally run the waverunners in the bay there over my boat.. Then again Im in a little enticer so that about sums that up lol.

I watched that little Enticer hold its own in some rough water on the Delaware River. :)

I hear you about the sandbars Jet. Going over the bridge onto the island on the south end I saw them last year. Gotta stay toward the island side iirc. Luckily my friend's brother in law has been boating down there for many years and is going to show us around some. I read an article that the Assawoman Canal was pretty messed up from Sandy and may not be doable anymore in my boat.

Back