• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Please No Swearing!

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Everyone,

I'd like to ask everyone to PLEASE refrain from swearing in posts.

Specifically what is happening is, that at times, members are posting expletives and purposely spelling them incorrectly. I'm not sure if this is an effort to bypass the swear censor, or whether members feel this is a less vulgar way of swearing on the forums.

Whatever the case, this approach still has the same effect and reads the same way - it really makes no difference.

I would therefore ask everyone to please co-operate and help us keep the forums clean and usable for families and anyone of any age. :thumb:

Thanks!

-Chris

LOL!

You guys crack me up.

Thanks for the honesty guys.

Things just seemed to be getting a little out of control lately - and my Grandmother and Mother read this forum ya know!

Not kidding either! :)

-Chris

LOL!

my Grandmother and Mother read this forum ya know!

Not kidding either! :)

-Chris

Well sombody needs to keep their eye on you
045.gif

Chris,
I bet your whole family checks out your site, They have a lot to be proud of for all you have done here.
I too slipped up in a post as well, I then told myself I would never use any potty mouth in a post again. After all we are on the world wide web and it does not look good for the site or a individuale.
I let my 10 year old son read some of the posts time to time from some of the more colorful members. Some are pretty funny and a fun post can be ruined by bad words . He asked once why he couldn't see that anymore. I just said it's done.

MK

Well......I understand the idea, but lets not try to police the open forums. They are open right????

Well......I understand the idea, but lets not try to police the open forums. They are open right????
Yes, they're open. But they're also open for people of all ages. Many parents surf the site with their kids and there also some younger people who are members as well.

And to be quite frank, we've never really had this issue until just recently. In that past, people just didn't do it. Then all of a sudden there were numerous posts laced with F bombs S bombs and other things as well.

All's I'm requesting is that people don't post expletives changing the letters around as it reads the same as if it was spelled the normal way.

-Chris

Yes, they're open. But they're also open for people of all ages. Many parents surf the site with their kids and there also some younger people who are members as well.

And to be quite frank, we've never really had this issue until just recently. In that past, people just didn't do it. Then all of a sudden there were numerous posts laced with F bombs S bombs and other things as well.

All's I'm requesting is that people don't post expletives changing the letters around as it reads the same as if it was spelled the normal way.

-Chris
Chris
The members here like alot of people around this country are growing more and more frustrated with the state of our country. Sometimes all this frustration is expressed in political and social threads, unfortunately the poor feelings created from these threads spill into the boating threads. Its Winter -- once most of us are back on the water the threads will be mostly about that of our mates and boating.
So as a member I ask you for patience and thank you for your dedication to all of us
God Bless
Anthony

I think we should just let the ****ing forum edit our ****ing postes like it already ****ing does. :poke:

Then, its up to the good parents to be creative. :D

It would be like mad libs with a boating theme. :rof:

Back