• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Predictor is getting painted!!

zcausey

I just purchased my 78 Predictor. The paint was an ugly color and clear coat was fading so I put it in the shop a day after I got it.

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

Cant wait to get it out on the water. :lol:

Congrats! It looks like it is in real good condition. What color scheme
are you going to use?

Keep up the pics as you proceed. The guys raz me when I don't show
mine right away.

Welcome and good luck with your project.

Im going with black and gold flake. The dash and around will be gold. Yea i know it will be very hot lol but with the stickers im laying out it will be worth it.
The top half is now painted. Should have the boat done by next mid week.:banana:

IMG_0297.jpg
day I got it. before new interior
IMG_0316.jpg
laying out some new fiberglass
IMG_0334.jpg
Throwing on some window tint!! :eyecrazy:
IMG_0326.jpg
and this is where im at now. top layer paint before the clear.

Subscribed!!! I will be doing the same thing sometime between the end of the summer and next spring- so VERY interested in HOW you do this, and pix!!!

I am starting to paint a black and gold 87 Eluder because if you touch it in the summer it wll make you cry! I'll leave the bottom black but the top will be a light beige metal flake with some red and green highlights. What kind of paint did you use? how much did it take? and is it clear coated?

Back