• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

rear bench seat sags!!

boatn70

ill do the best i can without pics.
in my convincor, under the rear bench seat the compartment is split into two, one small with the battery and the other for storage. the larger of the two has a "lip" along the back where the seat cushion rests when in the closed position. that lip on mine is actually sagging, causing the seat to show a sag in it. it also flexes ALOT when people are entering or leaving the boat in that spot.

has anyone else seen this and corrected it.

or can anyone figure out what im talking about here
jpshakehead.gif

i can post photos if needed
thanks everyone!!
kevin

Boatn I have a 98 Convincor, and I have the same problem. To get me thru the season, I screwed a piece of 3/4 plywood under the lip and extended it out into the opening to support the seat better. Seems to be working pretty good for a quick fix. Going to pull the back seat out this winter and rebuild the whole thing.

icon_cool.gif
This morning i started a minor rear seat repair on my 1986 enticer. My plan was new wood for the seat bottom and seat back but after eight hours the entire floor was removed from the front of the dash back to the transon. The rotted center stringer and all the wet foam was removed. The bilge pump well,rear seat boxes,and battery box platform are gone and the gas tank was removed as well
Eyecrazy.gif
I am Itching all over from the glass but also itching to get the thing back in good shape. This will be my first attempt at this kind of repair but I think it will work out ok. Guss will be proud ! Good luck with your repair job.

good luck on that repair wicked,

the boat is a 98 and it doesnt have wood under it its that white plastic/composite material that checkmate used all over the boat.

im just gonna have to dig into it soon,

Kip, any comments on this one? (if your reading)
kevin

Sent Chris a couple of pics of what I did to fix my sag, and the problem of carrying a cooler on all the time. You can't see it in the pic, but I made the opening a inch and a half smaller. That has really helped on the stability of the seat. Also, I had a friend of mine fiberglass a cooler for me that I mounted in the seat. No more tripping over a cooler in the boat, and more than enough capacity for a long day on the river.

Boatn70

I just "repaired" the same thing on my Enforcer seat. The plywood on the long side (no battery) is too thin to be unsupported for its length. The only support is biased to the battery side. I added a piece of 2x6 on end under the plywood at about the center of the span (you could probably use plywood, but I wanted a good section to screw into). I cut it a little long to "wedge" it under the plywood at the rear, and screwed it to the bulkhead from the engine bay side with stainless screws. My plywood wasn't rotted, just too long a span for the weight of people sitting and stepping on it.

I can take a photo if you cannot visualize what I did.

Dan

Rear bench issue.

Hey everyone, I seem to be in same scenario, my issue was over a year ago I had someone redue bench seats and trim panels before sending my buckets and front passenger seats on my 85 diplomat. Wish I could say they did a good job on the bench seats. My issue is that I finally picked the seats up after a year due to me being away on work for awhile and now I cant remember how the seats fit. Mainly how the bottom cushon sat on fuel tank and if it was bolted to Anything or sat freely. If anyone has photos of how their bottom part of bench sits would be great. I belive they forgot to put the 3/4-1 inch rail/ledge thet the back cushion resta on so seat doesnt push in. Anyways , any help would be awesome.
Email: peteshelby21@gmail.com

Thanks,
Pete in Clearwater FL

Last edited:
Back