• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

So Ramifications, How'd It Go Today?

Yes, I made it out today. After swapping props and figuring out how to launch her, I cruised up to Bordentown and back. I was slowing down to pull up at beach for some pics of her in the water and she fell on her face and stalled. Tried to figure out was was going on and seemed like there was no throttle. Turns out the plastic piece that holds the throttle line in place at the control broke. When it broke it pushed the RPM's too low and stalled the engine. I ended up limping in with one hand on the wheel and one hand under the gunwale holding the throttle line. Made it back and loaded her up to find that I must have hit something, because I have a good size chip in my LU. There was a ton of debris in the river, so I'm not surprised even though I though I missed all of the larger pieces.

On a good note, she ran like a raped ape before I had any issues. I never did run her wide open since the engine is still being broken in. Most of the cruise was between 3500-4300 RPM's. When trimmed out and around 4500 she is trying to air out and starts to chine walk. I had the GPS up on my phone and glanced down to see 55 MPH at one point, but accelerated from there and never looked back.

I'm going to order some new parts and hopefully be ready for this weekend!

Back