• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Sore after this ride

john lamon

Rylan wanted me to bring the 14 over to our place so he can ride in it in the creek so I went to get it from Dads today, despite the weather, it was a hairy ride, took me two hours to get home, once I got closer I kept hitting patches of sea weed that the big wind pulled up from the bottom so I had to stop and clean that off a lot, the wind was way stronger earlier, this is first start since last august and on last years gas with no stabilizer, it was forgotten last year, here's the first 9 mins of the ride, good old yammy ran like a top, I just about had to clean my shorts out at the 8:58 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNI-CtD6BCQ

Last edited:
Thanks! That was fun! I've been running little aluminum boats with outboards like that for over 40 years, you brought back a crapload of memories in just 9 minutes :rof:

At first I was wondering why you didn't put the gas tank as far forward as the hose would allow, then after seeing you almost submarine a couple times I figured there was no helping that situation. Hope he appreciates that effort! :surf: Was the GoPro for after they found your body, the authorities could figure out the cause of your demise?

well john you are now ready for the rodeo. my kids and wife would never go in the water after a ride like that. but you go superman!!

Thanks! That was fun! I've been running little aluminum boats with outboards like that for over 40 years, you brought back a crapload of memories in just 9 minutes :rof:

At first I was wondering why you didn't put the gas tank as far forward as the hose would allow, then after seeing you almost submarine a couple times I figured there was no helping that situation. Hope he appreciates that effort! :surf: Was the GoPro for after they found your body, the authorities could figure out the cause of your demise?

Lol, when I left my place it was way stronger wind and I figured it would be epic video, wind died though so it wasn't that good, I bet I looked funny with my ATV helmet on, haha

I been running those boats forever as well, I haven't been out in the rough stuff with one for a long time though, I don't remember them handling that bad when I was a kid and not 280lbs, I used to cross the lake with that boat in way worse than that when I was 10 or 11 years old, I wish that Yammy had a hour meter, it's got to have a few thousand on it easy.

Back