• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Stringers for exciter

I don’t have any pics of them but I used pressure treated 2x4’s when I did mine . I ran them through the table saw to get the angle for the bottom against the hull and glassed them in with 3 coats of glass and resin .do you have the floor removed ?

I don’t have any pics of them but I used pressure treated 2x4’s when I did mine . I ran them through the table saw to get the angle for the bottom against the hull and glassed them in with 3 coats of glass and resin .do you have the floor removed ?
Some of it. Do they run on each side of the ski locker? Mines rotted from the ski locker back. Nail holes everywhere

Yes , they do I think the locker is about 18 “ wide on the inside . I only use stainless screws when putting it back . Pull the carpet and see where it attachés to the hull and cut out the floor there and be very careful to not cut the hull I cut with a circular saw and cut it back about 1.5 inches from where it attaches to the hull set the depth on the saw to about 1/2 inches. Then I clean it up with grinder and smooth it out .try to save as much as you can for a kind of a pattern . Cut the new wood and fit it I always coat every thing with resin be fore install and glass it down .

I haven't gotten down far enough. Seems like the rots ends right past the seat pedestal on the passenger side. Where all is the balsa?

I don’t think there is any in the bottom of the hull . There wasn’t any in mine . Mine was rotten around the the floor hatch like yours I cut it all out and replaced with new 10 years ago and it’s still solid as a rock . But I don’t cut corners and have done a few .just don’t leave any holes or open spot’s for moisture and it will last. I’ll see if I can dig up some old pics .

Back