• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Tempest prop

fnshrmaster

Im looking at a used tempest on S&F.Its a 25 pitch.The seller e mailed me a pic and it looks as if it has no vent holes.My 23 tempest plus has these holes.Is this something that the plus model has and the regular tempest doesnt,or is this an older prop?What function do the holes serve? Thanks,Kurt

Im looking at a used tempest on S&F.Its a 25 pitch.The seller e mailed me a pic and it looks as if it has no vent holes.My 23 tempest plus has these holes.Is this something that the plus model has and the regular tempest doesnt,or is this an older prop?What function do the holes serve? Thanks,Kurt

The holes are vent holes, they are there to make the prop slip so they come out of the hole faster. They are also there so you can turn a bigger wheel, putting less stress on the motor when coming out of the hole.As far as the tempest and the tempest plus I don't know.

Brian

Should I consider this prop or buy a new vented prop.Im spinning 6200 w my 23 tempest.Want more top speed.I have a 19 vengence for skiing and if the 25 works good I can sell my 23.
bounce.gif

AS far as I know, the old Tempest props did not have the vent holes, the nee Plus props do.

-Craig

i have a brand new 25 tempest plus in the box can schip to the US
icon_smile.gif
mail ore reply if you would like to buy.

Back