• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

trim location

paul colley

what is the best way to have the motor trimmed on a 90 hp outboard to get the best speed. should i start with the motor trimmed all the way down or up, and should i change the trim as I go?

what is the best way to have the motor trimmed on a 90 hp outboard to get the best speed. should i start with the motor trimmed all the way down or up, and should i change the trim as I go?

Start with the motor trimmed all the way down and trim up as speed increases . You'll know when it's trimmed up too far when the prop ventilates . Trim slowly , a little bit at a time . There is a learning curve .

what top speed should i expect on a 17' diplomat with a 90 hp evinrude with a 13 1/4 x 19 prop. with 2 people and full fuel, i get about 38. seems too slow, any suggestions?

put a 21 prop on it. i have one on my predictor. it has a 115. it will run 53 on the speedo with two people. the 21 prop will take a lil longer to plane but you will have more top end. i gained about 7 mph by going from a 19 to a 21.

Back