• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

    » Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

    Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Where do I get a Transom Brace/Plate like the ones that often come on a Checkmate


Active member
Hello Checkmate theusiasts,

Does anyone know where I can purchase the Checkmate style transom bracket/plate, they come in two pieces and go over the transom. The back part covers a large part of the back of the boat. Thanks to anyone who knows where can get one.


New member
Your best bet is your local sheet metal shop. 3/16 stainless will be OK. it is a simple bend for them. Finding a used one for sale will be difficult. Look at Tiny Boat Nation for Transom plate. It's will work with some trimming. Also it is wise to ditch the two washers on the bottom inside and put a rectangle piece of metal there also. You can get this in aluminum from tracor supply or lowes


Active member
After searching and searching and searching I found a T&R TP30 open box. I'm waiting for that to arrive. Thanks for the tip on the rectangle piece, will do.