• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

WI mates??

Im in southern WI near Madison. Will be up north boating next weekend in Minocqua though.

Eric

Live just north of Madison, do most of our on Lake Wisconsin and the Wisconsin river, several mates running around on that body of water. Have not been to Castle Rock Lake this year, might still try and make it there. As Madison lakes go, I would avoid, water level low, keeping shops busy repairing lower units and props.

Mark

The Wisconsin river seems like it would be fun to boat on. I ended up hitting a rock yesterday with my new to me trophy plus. I was only idling so all it did was scuff the tip a little. I want to find other areas that are deeper and no speed limits. Almost all the lakes here in southeastern Wi seem to have a 50mph or less speed limit that I can blow by that pretty easy and I still don't have a high enough pitched prop.:pissed:

No speed limit on WI river or the lake, couple of slow no wake zones only. I know Madison lakes have a speed limit, I think it is 50 mph plus they also have a strict noise ordinance. Castle Rock and Petenwell lakes also have no speed limits and rather deep, but they get really rough with just a little wind. Just an FYI, there is a radar run on lake Koshkonong at Sunset bar and grill, W7905 High Ridge Rd, Fort Atkinson, WI, 53538, (920) 563-5702. Went last year, alot of mates, allison, hydrostream, skater etc. Date of run is 8/25/12.

Mark

I also want try the upper Wi Dells area. Looks like fun & can run right by the Chula Vista resort wide open I believe.

Eric

The upper Dells sounds like a blast. If I can run wot for miles I definately have to get a bigger prop. My ol chrome bore 200 probably wouldn't last long spinning my 23p trophy at 7k.:D

How fast are you guys running?

In madison have 2 checkmates a 85 diplomat blue/silver metal flake and a 79 jetmate II still working on it black/orange metal flake. madison lakes are decent for being in the city. seen acouple other mates out there before.

Im in Milwaukee county! Little muskego in Muskego has no speed limit but very busy on hot weekends! Wind lake is not bad but its 50! cops dont enforce it too hard! I run my allison there at 100+ but only on dead days,have to respect! I have gotten 3 more Buddies to buy mates! So now in a 10 mile circle there is my red 21 w225 opti, a black 21 w250xb , a white 21 w,225efi all close decks and also a zt22 if i remember right it has a 6.2mpi! I should get a kickback from checkmate! LOL So this summer need to get some more together and have a power tour! I also run on tichigan(cops are bad there), and love the winnabago chain and wolf river!

Three Lakes wisconsin has a radar run every weekend before the 4th of July! That is the bomb,we have a tour of the lakes on friday then saturday is the main event,people from all over come for it to run and spectate! Its called three lakes shootout, many different classes for all boats,air show and snowmobile runs on the water,pulls skiers also! Bonnies has a static boat display on friday night were we all park our boats at for viewing!

Back