• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Windscreen for Starliner

Hi all. I am looking for someone out there who has the low profile windscreen for my 86 starliner (open bow version of starflight) I have the optional tall windscreen, which I would be willing to trade. I hope someone out there has one. I spoke with checkmate, and they don't think they have one. To see the windscreen I am looking for, see the late 80's starliners!! Hope to hear from someone!!!

Hi all. I am looking for someone out there who has the low profile windscreen for my 86 starliner (open bow version of starflight) I have the optional tall windscreen, which I would be willing to trade. I hope someone out there has one. I spoke with checkmate, and they don't think they have one. To see the windscreen I am looking for, see the late 80's starliners!! Hope to hear from someone!!!

You may want to contact Taylor Manufacturing. They make about 90% of the boat windshields and they might be able to cut you one???
>>>>>>>>>>>>>OR<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Another option is to cut your existing one down to be a "low-profile" design...I did it to my 21' SunSport Blah-Blah ((Baja)...Sorry C'mate fans). I disassimbled the frame, and cut down the aluminum channels to lower and rake the look. I reasseblemed the frame and set-it up on the boat for final adjustments and cut cardboard patterns for the "glass". Using the patterns, I cut 5/16" dark smoked plexiglass panels to replace the glass (cheap and easy to do yourself). The frame was taken back off, sanded, and primed & painted with epoxy spray (can)...final finish was awesome!!! Reassemble everything and you have a killer looking windsheild for under $100 plus about 10 hours of your time. E-mail me direct and I can send you photos of the "before & after". Jim...
jrumon@yahoo.com
thumb.gif

Don't butcher that one. Original Checkmate parts are hard to come by. Someone should have one. If I had the starliner (which I don't) I would swap. I prefer the higher windshield. In fact if you ever decide to sell let me know. I think the Starliner might be my next Mate.

I sent you photos of the before and after shots of the one I did...Blaa-Blaa never offered a low-profile one, so I ventured out on my own and did it. At least you have an option to find a low-profile one and bolt it on...Mark makes a good point, and I would be very careful in the desision. I have a background in design and fabrication, so the job was easy for me...just time! The end results came out awesome and people commented on how cool the boat looked with the new windsheild. If you can't find what you want, but love the boat, why not make it the way you really want it! If you decide to go for it, contact me and I can walk you through specific steps and what to watch out for!!! (you only get one chance to do it right)...Jim.

Back