• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Windshield Seal

sonicss31

Any advice or tips on replacing the windshield frame seal on a Pulsare 24’. I have the foam seal and think I just need to remove all the small mounting screws that are hidden under the black trim on the frame. Should I do the entire thing as one piece or take the sections apart? TIA. Just be clear, I am changing the seal under the frame to the boat, not the glass in the frame.

Any advice or tips on replacing the windshield frame seal on a Pulsare 24’. I have the foam seal and think I just need to remove all the small mounting screws that are hidden under the black trim on the frame. Should I do the entire thing as one piece or take the sections apart? TIA. Just be clear, I am changing the seal under the frame to the boat, not the glass in the frame.
That seems like a big windshield to handle in one piece. I would recommend some help if you are thinking about tackling it solo. Not sure what holds your frame to the boat. Mine was a bit older and used T bolts. They were all corroded and snapped off when i tried to take off the nuts. If yours attaches in a similar manner, I would suggest new fasteners when you change the seal. Might not hurt to mask around frame with tape a bit to minimize any scratches on the boat during removal and replacement. Good luck, keep us posted.
Happy boating!
Ryan

Thanks. I found this job to be relatively easy. The windshield is in 4 sections. Take the 2 wing pieces off first then the 2 front sections. Clean off the old seal and adhesive off of the frames. Carefully put the seal onto the frames and screw down carefully. Let screws squish the seals then let it set. Come back and hour later and tighten screws some more, repeat one more time. If some of the seal is protruding more than you want trim excess with razor blade. Used pointed awl to locate screw holes while putting back in place. Did find one screw broke off from factory and was able to get it out and save the hole.

Back