• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Worth the Effort and Expense?

Slimy

I was given a derelict hull which I've ID'd as a 1974 MX13. It needs work. I've already separated the cap and lower hull. My estimate for restoration is about $500 in materials, not including rigging. What I don't want to do is spend $500 and lots of time to produce a nice boat I can't sell. Any advice?

Attachments

• 10.11.22D.jpg
    10.11.22D.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 22
I was given a derelict hull which I've ID'd as a 1974 MX13. It needs work. I've already separated the cap and lower hull. My estimate for restoration is about $500 in materials, not including rigging. What I don't want to do is spend $500 and lots of time to produce a nice boat I can't sell. Any advice?
You are a zero shy on your estimate. Then comes the windshield and motor. If you are not willing to spend more than it is worth, I would leave it be.

Back