• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Almost done

TRACY

Here are some shots of my first Checkmate. Still needs carpet and a completed wax job, other than that she's now ready for the water! :cheers

Not having any luck trying to post the pictures!:brickwall: Have tried two different ways to get the pictures to come up--no luck. Do you have any suggestions?? Thanks.

Hands down to me that was one of the baddest looking Checkmate hulls. And the scoop they used is the best I have ever seen on a Checkmate. And if that's the original color I think that's the best looking Checkmate I have seen. But just one thing the windshield is different maybe they used 2 different ones but mine had a lower 1 piece

Attachments

• mkboater.jpg
    mkboater.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 24
  • th_boatpics023.jpg
    th_boatpics023.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 26
  • P1010018.jpg
    P1010018.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 24
Yes, I see two different windshields. Mine is a '72. Your Mate is SWEET! The paint is original. Was in the garage for 35 years only ran in 1972. Started right up last year! It was amazing. My neighbor is buffing and waxing and putting in new carpet. He's an auto body guy and knows what he's doing..... Would you happen to know if a ski pole could be put in the boat? My son wakeboards. Our friend's boat he now boards off of has a ski bar so he is able to get big air. I don't think the mate will give him the same airtime. The ropes will have to be hooked to the transom which is a lot lower than the ski bar. Ant suggestions? THANKS.

I seen some jet boats run a ski pole mounted to the engine. But you would have to remove the engine hatch. Or I think a fab shop can custom make you one without any problem here is my idea on the pick of your boat.

Attachments

• JETBOAT3.jpg
    JETBOAT3.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 15
  • boatpics024.jpg
    boatpics024.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 15
I noticed your boat trailer has the old school black rollers. I would change them to the newer clear ones or your going to get black streaks all over the bottom and bow. Mr clean magic eraser will remove the black streaks with ease.

Back