• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

THE NEW BAJA/CHECKMATE/BAJA ????

Big Red

Okay guys awhile back I posted some findings where some Baja guys were really pumped about the new Checkmate. And I wondered why and if Checkmate created a Baja and stuck a Checkmate sticker on it.

Here was the link if anybody forgot.

http://checkmate-boats.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13560&highlight=checkmate+baja

Well I have found some new findings that really makes me wonder what is going on.

This is what I have found.

#287 XT-Innovator
Registered

7-Bajas, all gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja_man
Just nothing there for me. Still like the Baja's even by Fountain.

I think that you will be happy with the styling on the new Checkmate models.

Dock Holiday
Charter Member #34
charter_member_star.gif
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
I was just thinking about this. The Poker Run Tour was giving BAJA so much exposure. The best was winning all those awards over the big names like Outerlimits and Cigarette (although you and your guys NEVER got the proper credit.)

Just think, we would all be scrambling to get this thing done right now! Oh wait, Id be in Florida with Jason testing boats! You'd be scrambling!
drink.gif

Hey you'll just have to get pumped up over the new Checkmate that will be introduced at the Miami show!

Hey, I dont see the 23 T.E. Sportfish on that list and it was WAY different than the 250 Sportfish!

10 XT-Innovator
Registered

7-Bajas, all gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
Hey, I dont see the 23 T.E. Sportfish on that list and it was WAY different than the 250 Sportfish!

I guess I just considered that a (re-named) model. I'm sure that I missed something else?

===I thought this was a intresting post

1 TEAMBAJAMARINE
* Webmaster / Founder *

City: Freeport

State: New York
Year: 2004 Baja
Model: 30 Outlaw SSE
TBM Member # 1

Checkmate the new Baja?
Something very interesting crossed my desk yesterday and I dont have confirmation yet, however I "heard" Checkmate has "aquired" the molds of the Baja H2X, A mid size Islander and the 342. Story goes, on the way to the dump site where the molds were to be destroyed, the driver took a left instead of a right.
24.gif
It would appear that Faction did not know this driver.
24.gif

#1 Dock Holiday
Charter Member #34
charter_member_star.gif
Charter Member

02 Baja 36 Outlaw 1600+ HP

Bucyrus needs your support NOW!
Folks I look forward to seeing a beautiful new model Checkmate boat this weekend as it stops at my house on the way to the Miami Boat Show.

But for it to make it here we all need to give out a BIG yell of SUPPORT!
ernaehrung004.gif

These guys have been burning the midnight oil like you cannot believe. The boat is almost finished but just not complete yet.

Those guys are COLD up there and dreaming of the warm weather and pretty girls in Miami and that makes it all that much harder trying to get this bad boy finished.

The reason I am posting this on the Baja site is these are all the same folks we all knew from Baja making this happen and when you see the boat if you like the Baja styling you will love this new Checkmate.

I just spoke with Clayton at Kustom Kolors yesterday and they were busting it and this morning I spoke to Dave at XT and they were putting the final touches on the new interior.

It kind of reminds me of the last few years when Baja was getting the Poker Run tour boats ready for the Miami show.

COME ON FOLKS I NEED EVERYONE TO POST A BIG:

"GO CHECKMATE"

"MIAMI OR BUST"

Why would Doc keep bragging about this new Checkmate to Baja boys. He posted this in the Baja section of OSO.

I cant wait to see the pics of the new mystery boats :sssh:

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, do not let Checkmate turn into the next Baja. I will sel my C-mate in a heartbeat and never buy one again!!!!

Looks like Doc deleted the whole thread on OSO because the Baja Boys where bashing him for talking about the new Checkmate in the Baja forums. Well that's what he gets. We bash Baja on Checkmate forums

I am glad I saved his post lets see him delete this one I have plenty more saved.

I don't care HOW many Baja's get built by Checkmate with the Checkmate name.

The reason many (most?) of us liked Checkmate over Baja in the past is because the Checkmate was much higher quality versus the cookie-cutter pulled from the mold too soon Baja boats.

If the Checkmate boys end up building a few popular Baja hulls, you know they'll use the same quality techniques as they do on all the other hulls. ( I HOPE! Coop or Alan will let us know if they cut corners!)

So what makes a boat a Checkmate or a Baja? I'm saying quality.

I owned both an '03 Glastron and an '03 FourWinns recently. SAME manufacturer owned both brands. The Glastron was CRAP compared to the FourWinns in build quality.
Nuff said.

Who gives a s h i t if they simply use the mold?

The rest of the boat may be pure Checkmate! All this without the added R&D costs associated with building a new mold.

Think as business men instead of enthusiasts, this will keep the costs down for Checkmate, improve profitability, and hopefully keep them afloat in these tough economic times so I can buy another one in a few years.

I am not jumping on Doug's "ban-wagon" as I had some issues with the new management when they built my boat. BUT, come on guys it is only a mold and not an entire boat.

Have you seen the new Baja by Fountain....The quality is so much better than previous models from what popular magazines are saying.

If you want to get down to it, Doug (Checkmate Marine) did the same thing with Checkmate Powerboats molds. Slowly he will change all of the boats to his liking. The molds will remain similar to Checkmate Powerboats but not identical, but the quality will remain from the Combs era.

You guys act like the Baja factory in Bucyrus is still open making Bajas and then Doug is sending Coop over to slap Checkmate stickers on them...
IT IS A MOLD, and it is still better than some stand alone guys splashing it and competing against Checkmate.

Think before you type and start bashing...

My $0.02.

Lets hear the bashing boys!!!!!!!!!!!:banana:

:popcorn:

Who gives a s h i t if they simply use the mold?

The rest of the boat may be pure Checkmate! All this without the added R&D costs associated with building a new mold.

Think as business men instead of enthusiasts, this will keep the costs down for Checkmate, improve profitability, and hopefully keep them afloat in these tough economic times so I can buy another one in a few years.

I am not jumping on Doug's "ban-wagon" as I had some issues with the new management when they built my boat. BUT, come on guys it is only a mold and not an entire boat.

Have you seen the new Baja by Fountain....The quality is so much better than previous models from what popular magazines are saying.

If you want to get down to it, Doug (Checkmate Marine) did the same thing with Checkmate Powerboats molds. Slowly he will change all of the boats to his liking. The molds will remain similar to Checkmate Powerboats but not identical, but the quality will remain from the Combs era.

You guys act like the Baja factory in Bucyrus is still open making Bajas and then Doug is sending Coop over to slap Checkmate stickers on them...
IT IS A MOLD, and it is still better than some stand alone guys splashing it and competing against Checkmate.

My $0.02.

Lets hear the bashing boys!!!!!!!!!!!:banana:

I still stand by what I say, don't care what ya preach. Yes, I am a business person, own my own business. In my head, it is called selling out...

Plus, as I stated earlier, IF Smith turns Cmate into another baja. I did not mean to come across that it is another Baja now. Smith wouldhave to do alot more then buy 2 molds...so for me, time will tell. I hope Smith DOES NOT turn Cmate nto another Baja.

Cool??

That's a funny comment it appears that Baja is still running with a different address.

In my thoughts if you take a hole Baja mold and make a boat what would it be then. It aint no Checkmate brother quailty will be their I agree on but their is no "CHECKMATE STYLE" A man that knows a Checkmate can look accross the lake in a groupe of boats and spot a Checkmate without seeing the name.

Its that speedy pointy racing look. I dont know how to explain it but if you know your Checkmate you know what I am talking about.

No need to stab eachother yet the pics will tell all. I just posted the info thats floating around on the web right now. Us being Checkmate guys I hate to see everybody left behind on info. You where going to read it sooner or later. By me or someone else

No need to stab eachother yet the pics will tell all. I just posted the info thats floating around on the web right now. Us being Checkmate guys I hate to see everybody left behind on info. You where going to read it sooner or later. By me or someone else

don't burn somebody, before he have the chance to proof it. so i agree with big red.

let's see the pic's. and have the chance to putting the gasstick down in that two new models.

i love the idea to make different checkmate models than only performance boats.

the current models are no family boats. if the market is bad, go in to different markets.
so i believe in the choice doug made.

That's a funny comment it appears that Baja is still running with a different address.

In my thoughts if you take a hole Baja mold and make a boat what would it be then. It aint no Checkmate brother quailty will be their I agree on but their is no "CHECKMATE STYLE" ...

Interesting, I wonder why the other address is still there (I am basing this on what I read, I don't 100% know that BAJA has a new address).

Shameless, you don't have to care what I "preach" (I am definitley not a preacher, more a simpleman, but that's O.K. )...it is the Internet and we all have a right to OUR opinion.

I respect that you think a Checkmate is a Checkmate and too a point I AGREE.. BUTTTTT, I can't disregard a creative business move!!:D

Shameless, you don't have to care what I "preach" (I am definitley not a preacher, more a simpleman, but that's O.K. )...it is the Internet and we all have a right to OUR opinion.

I respect that you think a Checkmate is a Checkmate and too a point I AGREE.. BUTTTTT, I can't disregard a creative business move!!:D

Honestly, I do care what other people think a,d at times I can come acrosss wrong while typing. For some reason as well, I can't post smiley icons...but I just wanted everyone toknow as I stated earlier, I do not think C-Mate is a baja now, but Ihope they NEVER become one...

Cheers!!!

Where are my smilies?????

Honestly, I do care what other people think a,d at times I can come acrosss wrong while typing. For some reason as well, I can't post smiley icons...but I just wanted everyone toknow as I stated earlier, I do not think C-Mate is a baja now, but Ihope they NEVER become one...

Cheers!!!

Where are my smilies?????

i have lots....party-smiley-028.gif

Back