• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Time for an update!!

Shameless

Well, when I picked up the boat, I was not going to do anyhting to it as it was just supposed to be a little toy to play with during the week when I wanted to go out alone. Well, we all know how that goes...so I started to do some updating over the winter. She is still torn apart, and has one major project left, it is coming along nicely I think. I have the new floor in under the rear deack, all I have left to do to that is install the diamond plate. The jackplate is on and mostly wired up, stereo installed and cut new speaker holes and installed speakers. Still need to wire it and install the sub. Hydraulic steering put in, then partially taken back out again so I can build a new dash. I installed pop up cleats, bought new Auto Meter Carbon Fibre guages that will get installed in new dash. I hope to be done by April 1!!! Should not be a problem. I was going to soda blast the trailer and repaint it, but ran out of time. That will be next year. I just ordered some new aluminum wheels and new tires, so that should brighten her up a bit too! Once all that is done this spring, she will get the snot buffed out of her and many coats of polish on her!!!!

First pic is when I brought her home last year...

Attachments

• DSC02546_0409 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    DSC02546_0409 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC02760 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    DSC02760 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    72 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC02769_0569 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    DSC02769_0569 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 34
work in progress...

Attachments

• DSC02770_0570 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    DSC02770_0570 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC02771_0571 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    DSC02771_0571 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC02773_0573 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    DSC02773_0573 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 33
If you can notice in some of the pics, I also tinted the windshield and added 2 remotes for the stereo and a couple of oh chit handles for the wife! I am also going to install a glove box in front of the pass seat...

Attachments

• DSC02776_0576 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    DSC02776_0576 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC02777_0577 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    DSC02777_0577 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC02778_0578 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    DSC02778_0578 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 30
Looks real nice. Like the cleats I have thought about them before just hate to cut more holes in my hull but the way they look I guess I need to be cutting.. LOL!! :bigthumb:

Looks real nice. Like the cleats I have thought about them before just hate to cut more holes in my hull but the way they look I guess I need to be cutting.. LOL!! :bigthumb:

Thanks! Did not really need to do any cutting, just a 1 inch hole saw and a 3/4 in drill bit (I think) I got the cleats on Ebay for only 25 bucks each!!!

Back