• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

My second Checkmate

Rob B

Staff member
So I've sold the Pulse170 and was looking at different boats trying to decide if I wanted a newer boat or a project boat. I've looked at alot of mates over the pass few weeks. I posted a picture of a mate last year that I really liked but didn't want two boats, well I found it.

I purchased a 1983 Enforcer w/a 2006 Evinrude 250 HP. The mate comes w/ new interior, carpet and gauges, also has a custom cockpit cover. My wife and I will pick the mate up this Sunday. Here are some pictures:

Attachments

• DSC00277.jpg
    DSC00277.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC00283.jpg
    DSC00283.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC00286.jpg
    DSC00286.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 74
Pictures of the interior

Attachments

• DSC00275.jpg
    DSC00275.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC00276.jpg
    DSC00276.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC00294.jpg
    DSC00294.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 64
Boat looks terrific !!!!.... glad to hear that your second Checkmate worked out. I was in the same position last week when I bought a Pulsare ... sad part was I received a call the night before I was leaving to pick it up and was told that they had sold it to someone else after we agreed to the deal. Pretend you didn't read that .. I'm sure you won't run into a similar scenario ... there can't possibly be two of us with that much bad luck.

Enjoy !!!!

Bruce

That is a nice one! I am going to look at a project Enforcer with my friend this evening. I like those hulls for O/B boats.

CONGRATS! :bigthumb: Glad you found a new toy so soon!

Sometimes it's impossible to find the right boat after you've sold the one you have. My biggest worry right now if mine sells!

Thanks guys!!! I started looking for another mate right after the guy offered to buy my Pulse170. I probably either have the trailer repainted or buy aluminum trailer for the mate later on. I got lucky when I ran across the Enforcer which I seen last year. I need to upgrade the stereo since it's a am/fm cassette player:o. Other than that the mate is water ready.:D

Nice boat, motor looks good too (considering you are jumping the Merc Ship th best I can say is "good" LOL)!

You will surely enjoy a smoother ride.

Nice job!

HD

Nice boat, motor looks good too (considering you are jumping the Merc Ship th best I can say is "good" LOL)!

You will surely enjoy a smoother ride.

Nice job!

HD

HD I really don't have a preference w/ either Merc or Evinrude. I ran both with no real trouble other than common problems. I think a 300 Merc would look good hanging off the back though.:thumb::D

HD I really don't have a preference w/ either Merc or Evinrude. I ran both with no real trouble other than common problems. I think a 300 Merc would look good hanging off the back though.:thumb::D

Funny you should say that...

I like to "play the game", but truth-be-told, I like them both too!

Oh yeah, 300 Mercs ROCK:D:cheers:

Back