• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Line-x removal started

john lamon

I was going to wait till next winter to try and do something with this but everytime I go in the garage this drives me crazy, who in there right mind would do this to a boat? especially one that was in such good shape, I seen it before it was done, it's only been on there 3 years, not sure if I'll be able to buff it yet or have to paint it but I've decided it's coming off.

here's some before pics.

Attachments

• 09 pics 094.jpg
    09 pics 094.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 262
  • 09 pics 099.jpg
    09 pics 099.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 09 pics 101.jpg
    09 pics 101.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 91
Well, I wish you luck with the removal. You may find very rough "sanding" under it to make it stick. That stuff does not do very well long term because of fading, but, probably looks great when first done. (And its heavy).

Well, I wish you luck with the removal. You may find very rough "sanding" under it to make it stick. That stuff does not do very well long term because of fading, but, probably looks great when first done. (And its heavy).

So far it doesn't look like it's sanded too deep, it pulls up fairly easy too, I think once I get all the hardware off it should come up in one piece, it's not under the windshield either so thats a bonus, I'm thinking it must be heavy because it's pretty thick. It works great in a truck box but I found it impossible to keep clean, even in the garage after a few weeks it looks dirty. it's not faded either, he was trying to match the light blue in the interier.:sick:

Last edited:
Well, before removing it all I tryed to buff an area with no luck, gonna need to paint the top, not sure what to do, was planning on giving it a cheap maaco job on the top if needed but after reading a thread about cheap paint jobs I'm not sure if I would be satisfied with that, probably would be wasting my time and $$$ going that route, plus I plan on replacing the interier next winter so maybe I should get a proper paint job then, I don't know:brickwall:

Who would linex a checkmate? That is the strangest application I've heard of. Maybe a skiff, or an old whaler, but a checkmate?

Well, before removing it all I tryed to buff an area with no luck, gonna need to paint the top, not sure what to do, was planning on giving it a cheap maaco job on the top if needed but after reading a thread about cheap paint jobs I'm not sure if I would be satisfied with that, probably would be wasting my time and $$$ going that route, plus I plan on replacing the interier next winter so maybe I should get a proper paint job then, I don't know:brickwall:

Hey bud Take a look at this site . This is something you mite be interested in . Ill tell ya it works fantastic . Boat always looks wet .
http://www.poliglow-int.com/poliglow.phtml

I was walking down the bulkhead at this bar we hang out at a while back, walked by a 26' wellcraft nova II that had the whole top side done in red, it looked like ass !!!! and I could no imagine the weight it added !!!! lots of deck !!!! killed the boat !!! good luck Rob

Back