• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

new Checkmate owner, need info!

Shannenski

Hey Guys,

Just uncovered a 1989 18foot checkmate with a 350 engine. I am trying to find out what it is? It just says Checkmate on the side, and nothing else. I would like to see what series or name it is other than what I see. Can anyone help me? Also, if anyone has any pics of one of these fixed up, that would be very appreciated. I am a fiberglass repair man for a living, and am looking forward to re-doing this boat from front to back. I really don't like the teal color, and will probably re-gel coat it before summer. Any pics and ideas will help. I will post a pic of my "find" soon.

Thanks,
Shanne
Knoxville, Tn.

Here is a pic of a Senator around that year

CHECKMATE_SENATOR.jpg

18ft? is it an open bow or closed?

It might be an Exciter i/o or an Eluder i/o. Those are both 18'6" boats. Senator is 20ft, I think?

Here is my 1989 Eluder, 18'6" O/B but I know they also came with an I/O

Attachments

• 09 pics 064.jpg
    09 pics 064.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 09 pics 067.jpg
    09 pics 067.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 24
18ft? is it an open bow or closed?

It might be an Exciter i/o or an Eluder i/o. Those are both 18'6" boats. Senator is 20ft, I think?

:poke: could be a jetboat he never said what kind of drive. :sssh: Dont know the tears off hand on them though

I took some pics today. Let me know if any of this looks familiar to any of you. I really appreciate all you guys pitchin' in to help me. Looks like the Checkmate Family is pretty generous!

Ok, looks like I don't know how to down load a pic onto here? Hold fast whilst I figure it out.

Did a little bit of checking on the custom forum. I'm pretty sure this is a
Senator. SOOOOOO.......does anyone have anything on that boat? Any leads to anyone who has done some mods or restorations? Anything will help. ALso, looking for the number and name of someone who can help at the factory. Once I get pics, I wll post follow-ups on my customizing job.
I need motor info, and interior info. I can have this done at my shop, but if Checkmate has the patterns, this may be easier for me to buy the skins and do it myself. Thanks for all who help!!

here you go

Attachments

• IMG_0384.jpg
    IMG_0384.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0385.jpg
    IMG_0385.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0387.jpg
    IMG_0387.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 56
ALso, looking for the number and name of someone who can help at the factory.

I need motor info, and interior info. I can have this done at my shop, but if Checkmate has the patterns, this may be easier for me to buy the skins and do it myself. Thanks for all who help!!
Call Mike
3691 St. Rt. 4 N. - P.O. Box 351
Bucyrus OH 44820
Phone: 419-562-3881 • Fax 419-562-0632
Checkmate is very reasonable on their interiors. With the HIN, they can give you lots of info on the boat. Checkmate is prob one of the best at backing their boat owners with parts, info, and help. They are all top notch up there:thumb:

does anyone have any pics of interior that Checkmate has skinned, or re-upholstered? I called about skins and they are going to run about $950.
I am able to cover them myself, but wondering what their quality is like on a skin?

does anyone have any pics of interior that Checkmate has skinned, or re-upholstered? I called about skins and they are going to run about $950.
I am able to cover them myself, but wondering what their quality is like on a skin?
I have used thier skins before,great fit and looks original.Just remove the staples and put the new one on.Be sure to use stainless staples.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let everyone know, I am selling my checkmate splitfire. I am asking $1200.00 obo. I hadn't planned on this, but things happen. The boat needs some new interior and a little motor work, but I buffed it out the other day and it really shined up! The hull looks as if it had never been beached. I have an upholstry guy that can do the interior for around $900 dollars complete if someone wants to use him. Thanks

Back