• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

1981 Enticer Partial Floor Repair

Getting closer. I'm going to try to make the bilge before the day ends.

Attachments

• DSCN7293.jpg
    DSCN7293.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCN7294.jpg
    DSCN7294.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCN7295.jpg
    DSCN7295.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 32
Is this how they do it over at Superboats? :lol:

I shouldn't talk though, I don't think I've even seen a Superboat. :sssh:

Attachments

• DSCN7300.jpg
    DSCN7300.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 28
How's the floor resto going, any updates?

Funny you should ask...:rof:

I worked quite a bit during the week trying to get the bilge built. I was pretty happy with it but it needed to be a little better so I remade it today and here it is.

Attachments

• DSCN7303.jpg
    DSCN7303.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCN7302.jpg
    DSCN7302.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCN7301.jpg
    DSCN7301.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 36
Looking good, you are going to need some openings in the bottom of the bilge area so that water can get into there and get pumped out or make it out the drain hole.

Looking good, you are going to need some openings in the bottom of the bilge area so that water can get into there and get pumped out or make it out the drain hole.

Okay I'm a little slow so I have to ask...where do I need to put holes? The area forward, port and stbd of the bilge was originally foam, was it not?

Are you saying I need to make a hole in one of the vertical walls of the bilge to let water in?

I personally would put a semi-circle cut out on each side of the cross-member piece you have so water can escape along either side of the stringer.

A little closer.

Attachments

• DSCN7304.jpg
    DSCN7304.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCN7305.jpg
    DSCN7305.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCN7306.jpg
    DSCN7306.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 36
I bought Top Enticer's Enticer and it had a small section of the floor removed and it needs to go back in. So I'm ripping out the gas tank and the battery and I'm looking at the wiring and stuff around and I think to myself this boat is really 30 years old.

When is the last time you bought something used and didn't piss and moan about the rats nest of wiring. I'm pretty happy so far. I may heat shrink a few wires because of my semi-anal ways but it looks pretty darn good.:surf:

Here's a few pics.

I thought that Jeff had already fixed that before he sold it ???

Back