• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

ZT 219 ?'s

He will use it more, lol, it's his truck, our stuff has always been who ever needs it just use it anyway, we have always shared all our toy's, for the last X number of years if he wants to go for a boat ride he just takes mine, same deal with our sleds and ATV's, if either one of us is short one and need it for a weekend for whatever reason we just borrow from each other, never once had a fight about it either.

Well Dad decided to wait till I got home from Iowa to take delivery of this truck so he could get my opinion since I drove a ton of these super duty's when I was surveying.

First impression was this thing was TIRED, especially for the low miles on it, driver mirror just clicked when you tried to adjust it, no bells and whisles and it was all over the road, you could see a CB radio had been removed, we drove around for a while till the tranny went :rof:

I always told him a 1/2 ton would be just fine for towing this boat, especially since he will only tow it 100 miles in the sping and 100 miles in the fall, I also thought that for a last truck he should at least get something that was loaded up nice, so we looked at some F-150's and he took one home, 2010 Lariat with 51k kms on it, still has bumper to bumper warranty till 60k and powertrain warranty till 100k, really nice to drive and I think for a daily driver it will be much nicer for him, he was hoping for a white one so it would look better with the boat but we couldn't find a white Lariat that was this clean and tight.

After he dropped me off I went and ordered a custom plate for him, it's a surprise :sssh:

CHEK M8

522971_10150659444787060_593712059_9485548_2008227920_n.jpg

Attachments

• f1501.jpg
    f1501.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 49
  • f150.jpg
    f150.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 49
  • f1502.jpg
    f1502.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 49
thats a nice looking truck! i do miss the heated black leather seats that were in the old ladies trailblazer....your dad will enjoy that truck for sure:cheers:

I hope the "Cash For Clunkers" sign behind it isn't some sort of omen. :D LOL! That truck should work perfect for pulling that boat around. If I were retired, sitting on that truck/boat, and had the funds I'd make a hell of a road trip for the wife and I. Maybe disappear for a month or two and just hit lakes and rivers all over the place. :)

I hope the "Cash For Clunkers" sign behind it isn't some sort of omen. :D LOL! That truck should work perfect for pulling that boat around. If I were retired, sitting on that truck/boat, and had the funds I'd make a hell of a road trip for the wife and I. Maybe disappear for a month or two and just hit lakes and rivers all over the place. :)

Yeah I was thinking the same thing about that sign, lol, it's still under factory warranty so he should be good.

Dad and I have been talking about a boy's trip to somewhere in KY in July:p

He's got the money and I can drive like a mofo :banana:

That's awesome that you guys have similar interests. My Dad and I have a similar situation. He gave me his old boat (in the family for almost 30 years now) about 13 years ago. I fixed a bunch of stuff (new manifolds, added thru hull exhaust, swapped to Weiand 4 barrel intake and Edelbrock carb, fully serviced the trailer) and when I bought my Mate rather than sell the boat I gave it back to him ready to go. The hull is on its last legs but he uses it to go out in the bay to go fishing a few times a year. He bankrolls the fishing trips and we go along for the ride and I maintain his stuff for him. Good Times! I wish he were a little more into the performance boating thing but that's not his thing.

John

As nice as your pop's new boat is I would take your Eluder. Bring the big rig with the two of them on their trailers on the flat bed. I'm sure someone there would let you make use of their truck to pull them off the big trailer and drop them in the water. :)

Can you do that in Ohio? First one needs to be a fifth wheel connection to do that here and even then only a few Provinces will let you.
Yep! Time to move to the states:bigthumb: Lots of people do campers/boats and boats/waverunners going to cumberland!

State to state the laws change on that stuff. I'm 99% sure NY and NJ don't allow it. Most of the northeast states probably don't allow it.

In Michigan you can do that if the first one is a 5th wheel/gooseneck trailer. Plus, there is a total limit on length.

State to state the laws change on that stuff. I'm 99% sure NY and NJ don't allow it. Most of the northeast states probably don't allow it.

John is correct for NJ & NY. Try that here and you will get a free vacation, and not at the resort of your choice. Here, our politicians, some that never pulled a trailer in their life think they know more than we do. Not to say the average driver that has pulled a trailer will be good enough to keep himself and others out of harms way. I have seen boat trailers seperate from the tow vehicle because the driver never latched the coupler and didn't connect the safety chains. The list can go on, but you guys can get the picture.

that would NEVER fly in michigan:eyecrazy: anyways....back on topic:bigthumb:

I'm glad I don't go to MI, I've heard they are very strict there, there are lots of times I'm hanging up to a foot out the back and the toung of my first trailer is 2 feet out the front, they don't like that and from what I've heard it's a $100.00 an inch fine.

The total limit is 75 feet

This would probably be good for a 2k fine in MI and it's not even out the back, my rule is as long as the coupler isn't rubbing on the headache rack she's good :thumb:

74509_451320007059_593712059_5957415_4192509_n.jpg

Back