• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Resto/Custom/Encapsulated Enticer

Permanently removed running light, hand rails and ski ladder to give it a stripped down, custom look..

Off to the painters....

Attachments

• IMG_2752.jpg
    IMG_2752.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_3001.jpg
    IMG_3001.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3006.jpg
    IMG_3006.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 56
Thanks for your nice comments on my paint. I'm enjoying your thread. You are making progress fast. Looking good. Gotta appreciate a man with a vision. :bigthumb:

waiting for boat to come back from paint shop

years ago.. someone trimmed the engine all the way up and crushed it against the ski pole.! What a pain in the arss..

Attachments

• 00015V.jpg
    00015V.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 54
new decals

i remember the textured part of the cowling being a slightly different finish..? So I painted it with a diff brand of black. It worked out well, not as glossy as the rest. So hot and humid down here, my first coats of black didn't cure well. So i had to sand and paint again.. then let it cure inside my air conditioned house.

0001q6_zps0b5294f2.jpeg
[/IMG]

Does that mean no night running, or are you adding a different style like a pop-up?

I rarely ever run at night.. I have 2 recessed cup holders in the bow... I'm thinking I'll fabricate a connection inside one of them if I ever need.. or just get those cheap flash light kind with the suction cup..?

Custom Decals

Custom ordered decals..
Exactly the same colors and style as my old ones...
Because I no longer have a rub-rail I wanted the decals to be bigger.
I had him restrain/increase decal length from 26 inches to 35 inches.
I will probably cut out the checkerboard thing, the chess piece is standing on as well as the Checkmate underline..
I'm definitely going for, the "less is more look", if you couldn't tell..?

2012-10-20184105.jpg

Funny you should ask.... As i was about to order "Starboard".. I did more research at "Boat Outfitters" and found out.. "King Starlite", also referred to as "King Starboard XL", is 30% lighter weight and considerably less expensive.
Then they made the mistake of saying it is "very similar to Azek".
So..I ordered Azek from my local lumber yard and saved even more $$$..!!
(Also ordered Azek sheets for all upholstery work. The stuff is light... my boats gonna fly!)

Starboard material and competitors like material is basicaly HDPE (high density polyethylene). Epoxy, silicone, liquid nails or any of the standard adhesives will not bond with the HDPE family of materials. In some cases
3M brand of spray adhesives (typical of contact cement) may bond it but
it is not a strond or durable bond.

Very impressive ----- keep up the great work ----- the capped look {no rub-r} came out perfect.
My CM is at the paint shop getting a black makeover and I hope it comes out as good looking as yours.

Thank you for the kind words..!! It was a lot of extra work (capping) and I'm pleased how it turned out...! It's not "perfect".. but who cares at 70 mph..!!
Good luck with your project.!

I'm curios if there is another "capped or encapsulated" Checkmate in this forum somewhere??

Back