• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

2000 242 Convinsor Side Air Vent Replacement

gz14ns

I had a Starboard side air vent stolen from my 2002 Checkmate 242 Convinsor and am looking for suggestions on where I could purchase a replacement. I have been searching for over a year with no luck.

I'm pretty sure I bought the last one the factory had a few years ago, but you may be in luck I remember when I was looking for one big red had a set

Yup I still got a set, I bought them for spares incase one got broke. People sitting in the back seat tend to hold on to it, thinking its a handle. They can be bought, I bought the last one the factory had, for one side and they still had a couple left for the other side. That was about 6 years ago.

I have contacted Checkmate and they are sold out so if anyone is interested in selling their private stock let me know!

I am interested in finding them for my Persuader also. Mine are all there but they have small cracks around the screw holes and starting to yellow. I need a pair for each side and have seen them in chrome or stainless on other mates . I'm curious to see if you can find a set and where. I will keep looking. Good luck.

which one is it...they used more than one style

I am interested in finding them for my Persuader also. Mine are all there but they have small cracks around the screw holes and starting to yellow. I need a pair for each side and have seen them in chrome or stainless on other mates . I'm curious to see if you can find a set and where. I will keep looking. Good luck.

The 242 wich I belive in 2001 turned into the 260. These boats had side scoops like no other Convinsor.

300.00 for both scoops left and right side. Shipped

pic of side scoops on my old 96 242

Attachments

• xx_041.jpg
    xx_041.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
I had a Starboard side air vent stolen from my 2002 Checkmate 242 Convinsor and am looking for suggestions on where I could purchase a replacement. I have been searching for over a year with no luck.

Which year is your boat? Title said 2000, this says 2002. By Reds info they changed in '01 so this will make a difference.

When the 242 turned into the 260 is when checkmate started counting the swim platform as footage. Same mold on both boats, I think that was in 2001-2002,

pic below 2002 260

Attachments

• boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 19
If its a 2000 242 its the same scoops on the side,, Checkmate only did this on that mold.. The other convincors had long flat vents or a oval type. pic below is a 2000 242

Attachments

• 11342617_102_200520101322_13.jpg
    11342617_102_200520101322_13.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 18
I think it's funny the guy posted looking for something somebody has it and no response

Back