• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Wax talk...

illMATTic

What waxes are you guys using? What do you like the best?

With so many on the market, is there really a better one to buy?

Flagship worked well in the past. It wiped of easier than others. Seemed to last as long as any other I have used.

i have been using colonize for years. If ain't broke..........

Attachments

• 925-site2012.jpg
    925-site2012.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 16
I use collinite as well, good stuff.:thumb: The flake on my Ranger bass boat "pops" after a good waxing.:D

I always used the Starbrite with PTFE.......followed by Interlux wax sealant with teflon. I will be trying Performance Boat Candy stuff when I decide to ever use my boat again. I hear Hula stuff is good too and that company's owner used to work for 3M.

I've had good results from Flagship. Did a full wetland and polish over a year ago, haven't had a chance to wax it since and the water still beads up.

John

I always wonder what the better brand is. Do I stay with the well known names or go with some of the other brands that seem to have a following?
This is one of those areas that does not have a definitive answer. Kind of like the oil threads huh? :p

You can call and talk with the owner/developer of Hula boat care about any of his products. small company based out of Austin tx.

Back