• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Cats out of the bag now

karzrus

So I spend four days(took about 30hours to drive it one way) drove across two provinces and six states(3 down and 3 different ones back) to pick up and bring back a 2008 2100br with a 250xs and only 30 hours on it. Boat looks like new, trailer has a few chips in the piant on it. Whole thing has some road grime on it from the trip and needs a wash.

It is the boat that Eric(Madtown) pointed out in that other thread I started and it does look better then the pictures(Thank you very much Eric). Metalflake in all three stripe colors. The red rub rail is the only thing I know of that is not like new on the boat(If Checkmate was still open I'd be buying some from them). It is a Robert's Marine boat and the rigging looks tidy. Wisconsin is beautiful by the way, I wish we had more time to spend there.

I don't have any luck posting pictures from my apple products(I think I need to resize them, but it does not work when I try) when I get home from work later, I'll try again to post.

I'm happy, boat looks great and my wife came with me on the trip, so she is fully invested in it too. I'm hoping to have the new numbers on the boat some time next week so I can put it in Canadian waters shortly.

Hope you all have a great summer
Rob

As much as it pains me - Let me be the first to give Congats! This opens up a 3 year old wound on that boat I had finally kind of forgotten about. You will love it!

I'm happy, boat looks great and my wife came with me on the trip, so she is fully invested in it too. I'm hoping to have the new numbers on the boat some time next week so I can put it in Canadian waters shortly.

Congrats man --- post up some pics when u can :cheers:

As much as it pains me - Let me be the first to give Congats! This opens up a 3 year old wound on that boat I had finally kind of forgotten about. You will love it!

It's too bad that you had such a crappy time trying to buy it then.
But the one you have now is really well set up and looks sharp. I'll be trying to copy a bunch of what you did to it.

Maybe you can't say it was for the best or maybe you can. But certainly, you turned the situtation you were given into a great one with the boat you found and cleaned up/customised.

Congratulations on a nice boat and a successful road trip.
I can honestly say I'm more than happy to travel to the USA
and spend my hard earned money.
Lot of good folks down there.

Bit of a burn about the exchange rate though eh?

maybe these pics will work?

So if it works, this is a shot of the boat and truck as we prepare to leave Madison, and then proof the boat has gone at least 82 even if it was on the trailer

Attachments

• IMG_0124.jpg
    IMG_0124.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0122.jpg
    IMG_0122.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 62
Glad someone was able to buy it from this site. In the picture I see the ground looks wet, what day did you pick up boat? Wonder if you missed all the rain we have past few days. Now Boat House needs sell that 1850BR that's been there since 2011 lol.

Eric

Glad someone was able to buy it from this site. In the picture I see the ground looks wet, what day did you pick up boat? Wonder if you missed all the rain we have past few days. Now Boat House needs sell that 1850BR that's been there since 2011 lol.

Eric

That was Saturday, we did not miss any rain, rather we seem to have found it all, everywhere we are.

One last one before dark and the car looking a little jealous about all the care the boat got.

Tomorrow the motor gets it.

Attachments

• P1010973.jpg
    P1010973.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 28
  • P1010974.jpg
    P1010974.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 29
Back