• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Just purchased Convincor 253

hadleycat

I am excited to say I just bought a 1997 253 from Kunkels Marine. It is a one owner boat stored indoors its whole life. The boat and trailer are absolutely flawless. The trailer still has the original tires with no dry rot at all. I could not even find a scratch or nick in the rub rail. The motor is a 502 Mag EFI with a Pro-charger and headers, XR drive, 30 pitch prop, and Single Ram hydraulic steering. All the mods were installed by Kunkels Marine. Estimated at 700 hp/ 85 mph. After looking at a few Checkmates that disappointed me, I am happy to say that I am very impressed with the quality of this boat.

Welcome to the obsession! That sounds like one hell of a 253! Kunkels rigs them right. Now get out there and get some pics/videos, we are picture whores around here

:welcome: to the forum!! That sounds like a beast of a boat, congrats!! Gotta post some pics, we are picture junkies around here!!

Iv'e seen the boat, looks great, deluxe cabin, great colors. M3 charger, 502, and XR drive doensn't hurt either.

Best teaser ever.
Pics, please.
And get rid of those trailer tires before they mess your boat up.

Congrats on the purchase. As Budman said replace those trailer tires. At that age they may look great but are ready to fail. You will have a blowout on the x-way that may cause damage to the trailer and boat. 5 years is the lifespan of a trailer tire.

Back