• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

owner 2400 with 400r

rocket1

hi guys
have you reinforce the transom of your boat for handle the 400r. if yes have you a pictures .
thank you

do you have 14.5 inch or 24.75 blaster

and your tempest its mercury 3 blades

what you prefer blaster or tempest

i have a jack plate i belive 4 blade will be better

tank you for your in
here i must buy for try it
no return

Last edited:
i think my engine is too low in water
it`s why you made your custom plate i think
how much upper i need with the plate
thank you

i think my engine is too low in water
it`s why you made your custom plate i think
how much upper i need with the plate
thank you

I don't think you're too low in the water, with your jack plate you can set the engine height you need or want. I made my transom plate for other reasons, the way it came from factory was good I could go from approximately 4" below pad to 2" above pad, check your set up & see were yo sit full down & full up & rough measure like this:

Hear some pic's of rough measurements:

Attachments

• 3 below the pad.jpg
    3 below the pad.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 0 with the pad.jpg
    0 with the pad.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 70
  • 2 above the pad.jpg
    2 above the pad.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 66
finaly my engine is too low we will make a braket like your maybe it`s because i have a atlas jack
my jack full up my nose cone is 4 inches Under the boat.

thank you for your information

Before i'd go off & make a bracket i'd first look to see if you have holes left in the motor base that you could move up? if the motor is all the up on the bottom holes then i'd look into moving the Atlas up on the transom witch would be easier than making a bracket, did your boat come from factory with the Atlas? my boat came from factory with a manual CMC jack plate & i could manualy raise it all the way up & my nose cone would be like 0 with the pad. If with your Atlas all the way up & your nose cone is 4" below the pad like you say then something got installed wrong. post some pic's so we can see.

Back