• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Trim tabs on pulsare

When I bought my 2100 I asked here about putting tabs on it and was told that It didn’t need them and I should be able to trim the boat with the engine trim and jackplate. It didn’t make sense to me so I ordered tabs for it. I can see you lake and river guys not needing them because you can run 50mph all day long on calm water. I run bigger water and there are a LOT of times you just can’t run fast and when going slower the bow was just too light and high and I couldn’t do anything about it.
I put 9x12 Bennett bolts on it and it is like a different boat, I absolutely love it and now I can control the ride much better.
If you run big water and don’t have tabs you are missing out.

Trim Tabs

I put Bennetts on my 2100BR a few years ago. Made the boat way more enjoyable when cruising around at about 35mph. There are zero minuses to them. Did not hurt speed at all. Probably the best thing that I did to my boat.

There, now they are not upside down, apparently it depends on how you are holding the phone. That sucks because I haven’t known that and have a lot of pics that will be upside down or sideways unless I figure out how to edit them.

Back