• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

1960 Century Resorter

nice, I have always preferred working with wood to fiberglass, my old man restored a 1945 Thompson when i was a kid and always did the maintenance work with him, also did a lot of wood work on a 1918 48 foot schooner growing up. Plus love the look and ride of the wooden boats.

There is nothing like an older wooden hull boat. While there is nothing wrong with a fiberglass boat, there just seems to me an aire of class with a nicely restored woodie. When you pull up to a public dock with a woodie you will definatly have the attention of the majority of the people, especially glass hull owners.

Vary nice ! Love wooden boats. I plan on building one some day keep up the good work. How's woody coming along. Pictures ?

Back