• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

1986 Enchanter 21

dusturbd

1986 Checkmate 21' Enchanter

This is a very nice boat that is a truly turn key needs nothing boat. I have gone thru every system on this boat and either rebuilt, replace or checked and have many receipts.

Hull
The hull has been wet sanded, buffed, polished and waxed, the strips where repainted and new Checkmate decals installed . All stainless has been polished and reinstalled with new stainless hardware. The previous owner had the floors professionally replaced at a boat repair facility and the transom is solid. All gauges function as they should and there is a new JBL Bluetooth stereo and 4 new Sony speakers. I also installed 4 new stainless cup holders. I also was able to get Checkmate to send me a new Coast Guard data plate for this vessel.
This boat will do 65 on GPS with me and the wife and a full tank of fuel. And I think there is a little more in it with a different prop.

Interior
I have replaced the carpet and built a new pedestal for the rear seat, built a new front bulkhead and playpen area under the bow and added a small storage hatch for life jackets ect. The seats themselves where redone sometime before I purchased it and are in good condition overall but I will say it was not a high dollar custom job, I did replace the front 2 seat pedestals.

Electrical
I have replaced all the wiring in this boat front to rear including a new battery, bow and anchor lights all new wiring for all the gauges and stereo plus a new switch panel, new buss terminals and a new bilge pump that has an automatic float switch.

Steering/controls
I have installed a new Ultraflex up33f 2.0 hydraulic steering helm along with new parker hydraulic lines . I also replaced all the seal and guild bushings in the hynautic k6 steering ram . I also replaced the swivel pin/steering arm on the engine with a new mercury SS unit along with a new steering yoke and all bushing and seals that go along with the swivel pin. The steering in this boat is tight and right for those high speed runs. The boat has a new throttle cable along with a new hot foot.

Boat also has new rigging hose with all control lines and hoses hidden inside except the steering lines.

Engine
1999 Mercury 200 efi 2 stroke with Bobs low water pickup, Bobs solid aluminum mounts and a Bobs 6" manual jack plate.
Engine runs great last compression test showed 125 psi across all 6 cylinders. I have gone over this engine and replaced the entire water pump including the water pump base, new thermostats, complete new poppet valve assembly, new water pickup tube, new stator assembly, all new bleed hoses, new water hoses and all necessary gaskets. Also replaced all the SS studs, washers and nuts that hold the power head to the mid section. It has a SS Tempest 21p prop. I do think it could use a little more pitch.

Oil system
The engine is still injected with all new hoses from remote oil tank to the auxiliary tank, new cap and sender assembly on the auxiliary oil tank, new hoses to and from the oil pump itself, new cap and oil pick up on the remote tank and a new thru hull oil fill kit.

Fuel system
Complete new fuel system including a new 21 gallon fuel tank, all new fuel hoses and squeeze bulb, new fill and vent line, new fuel filter, new pulse pump, new seals on the efi canister, new sending unit.

Trailer
I have replaced the bunk boards and carpet, it has new leaf springs and all new hardware, all new ubolts everywhere on trailer, new wheel bearings and seals, new tongue jack, 3 new tires and rims, all new wireing for lights and new led tail lights.

So you can see I have done a lot to it and spent a lot of money to sort this boat out. I wouldn't be surprised if I have missed something.
If you come look at it you wont be disappointed.

https://orlando.craigslist.org/boa/d/beautiful-1986-checkmate/6643478740.html
6500.00 call 407-432-6204
Thanks

Back