• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

1997 Pursuader 219 prop help

This is my second year owning a checkmate boat and i absolutely love it! One thing i have noticed is how long it takes the boat to get on plain while we have a skier or tuber in tow. The boat is a pursuader 219 with a mercruiser 5.7lx/v8. Alpha one drive and i currently have a mercury laser 2 prop. The boat does not have trim tabs. Can anyone suggest some other props that i can try? Thank in advance!

Try a 4 blade for best all around performance on that hull. I’d recommend a Bravo 1 in 22 Pitch or a Merc offshore/ vensura in a 21 or 23. That will do the trick to get out of the hole and improve the overall handling a lot. You shouldn’t need tabs with the right prop. Good luck they are a fun boat.

Try a 4 blade for best all around performance on that hull. I’d recommend a Bravo 1 in 22 Pitch or a Merc offshore/ vensura in a 21 or 23. That will do the trick to get out of the hole and improve the overall handling a lot. You shouldn’t need tabs with the right prop. Good luck they are a fun boat.

I wouldn't run a Bravo I 4 blade prop on an alpha boat. It will be very hard on the drive with its large diameter. There are plenty of smaller diameter 4 blades to use.

A Mirage+ large ear 3-blade always does well in those alpha applications like you have as well.

Remember, if pulling skiers often, you will need to drop a couple inches of pitch from your max speed prop otherwise it will always be a dog trying to pull a skier up and loose a couple mph up top. Just not enough torque to have it both ways with one prop.

Back